1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Most Fearsome Maniac

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by CHEESE!, Feb 3, 2008.

?

Scariest war maniac?

1. Shaka

83 vote(s)
    41.1%
  2. Montezuma

54 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. Isabella

15 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. Boudica

9 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. Ragnar

15 vote(s)
    7.4%
  6. Willem van Oranje (LOL)

6 vote(s)
    3.0%
  7. Other (specify)

20 vote(s)
    9.9%
  1. Supr49er

Supr49er 2011 Thunderfall Cup

What level do you play? I find her a real pain if you don't share her religion on Monarch/Emporer level.

2. Silence101

Silence101 King

I completely dominate on Prince. I've played Monarch as well, but I enjoy total domination, so I typically stick with Prince.

EDIT: As a side note, leader personalities arn't dictated by difficulty level.

3. Henrik

Henrik Emperor

Hannibal of Carthage...

4. DigitalBoy

DigitalBoy Emperor

Isabella has a reputation for being a religious zealot and crusader...

But she never does well in any of the games I play with her. She overemphasizes religion and neglects expansion and early military. The few times that I've rushed her, she was a real push over.

5. Silence101

Silence101 King

Yeah, I don't deny the religious zealot part - I can recall her sending her missionaries everywhere... to all of my cities and every other civ's cities. Still, militarily, in my experience I don't recall her ever being a huge thorn in my side.

6. Bigfoot3814

Bigfoot3814 Deity

Isabela for me. She doesn't fight the toughest wars, but for me the most frequently. I, the peacemonger, will broker for an end to one conflict. Then, I refuse to adopt theocracy ten turns later and she's on the march again!!

7. DigitalBoy

DigitalBoy Emperor

Whoops, I thought in your last post on page 2, you said you could relate. My mistake. :crazyeye:

8. Synsensa

Synsensa Deity Retired Moderator

In my current game, Shaka is pretty weak and last on the score sheet. He hadn't gone to war either.

9. ZPV

ZPV Short for ZPVCSPLFUIFDPEF

I must say I completely agree with this. I've been seeing a lot of him recently, he is perfectly happy to backstab at pleased, and attacks with BIG stacks.

In one game with Gilgamesh as my neighbour, I watched him calmly build up a stack of about 40 Cavalry+Cuirassiers and ~15 siege, checking for WHEOOH every turn. (He never did have enough on his hands:gripe:) Then guess what? He DoWs me... and turns up with another 20-30 Cavs 5 turns later.

Unless there is an insane warmonger next to me, I often spend most of the game plotting/wondering how to knock Gilgy back a bit.

10. warhead66

warhead66 Warlord

RAGNAR! Tordenslags-Bersærkergang!

Ragnar is awesome because he always declares war on everyone, and if you play world map he ALWAYS gets away with it because:

1. nobody wants his cities

2. nobody can get to them efficiently, while Ragnars bezerkers can take on anyone.. until someone gets optics :(.. poor ragnar.

11. Kao'chai

Kao'chai Newbie in Modding

Montezuma , but the one I really hate is Hannibal

12. SpeedyKQ

SpeedyKQ Chieftain

I have to say Alexander, from my experience.

The random number generator almost never puts Shaka in my games, but I keep HEARING what a terror he is...

13. Onagan

Onagan The Dutch

I have the same experience, I never get Shaka in the game, unless I'm Sjaak A.

Montezuma is in the most of the games present.

14. BoogieCheese

BoogieCheese Chieftain

Isabella is big on temper tantrums. I managed to block her off once, very early, leaving her & someone else with very little land to compete for. She asked for open borders, assumingy so her warrior could go scout out all the land I had denied her. Of course I said no. She DOW'd me right then and there, with her lone warrior. I giggled my ass off.
    She's a PITA, but being her neighbor doesn't make me shudder. Shaka, or Alex, on the other hand...
    Oddly, I've never had a problem with Catherine, we're often best buds with defensive pacts, till the end. Same with Kublai Khan and Cyrus. In one game, Peter was the best attack dog I've ever encountered.
    Shaka makes me nervous, even when he's far away. You just never know how your game is gonna go, if he's in it. At least with Monty and his psycho "I hate you, and am going to eat your liver with much joy" grin, you know it's inevitable.

15. Fraulzar

Fraulzar Chieftain

The answer has to be Monty because of one crucial difference between him and the other warmongers -- he will RAZE captured cities to the ground, even if they would have been useful to him.

With the others? You can always just take your city back and rebuild any lost buildings/population.

Monty will ruin you when the mood strikes him.

16. CHEESE!

CHEESE! On a long nostalgia trip

Genghis, Fraulzar?

17. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

I got Shaka in 3 of my games. In the first one he became a vassal of Boudica, in the second one he was also kind of petty, in the third one, after I tried to ignore his threats for too long, he ended up invading me with giant stacks of gunships and marines late in the game, it was scary, and my downfall... I thought I could maybe repel him but it was a pangea and he was on the other side basically and I never saw his huge fleet coming into my territory with giant stacks of cavalry, yeah, cavalry, but a whole frickin lot of them. It was very brutal.

18. Commodore Nate

Commodore Nate Warlord

Shaka has my vote-as mentioned before, he can tech decently, which I can attest to. The last time I fought him, I won only because I was building up to attack him anyways, but he surprised me with a huge invasion force in my backdoor (that was more like my front step).

19. pi-r8

pi-r8 Luddite

For some reason, I usually don't have much trouble with Shaka. I don't think he's ever declared war on me- it's always the opposite! For me Hannibal, and both Celtic leaders are the troublemakers.

20. Pieman

Pieman Prince

How strange... I have also experienced a weird anomaly, in that Monty rarely tries to fight me, despite the fact I almost always piss him off. I certainly agree about Hannibal and the Celts being troublemakers. They are pretty good at warmongering.