1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Most gold on single tile

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by IPERSIAN, Jul 11, 2017.

1. IPERSIAN

IPERSIAN Chieftain

So I got a question. What can I do to get the most possible gold on a single tile? And if you have pictures of your attempt it would be cool to see what you did to achieve that!

2. CPL_Yoshi

CPL_Yoshi Chieftain

@IPERSIAN
    Off the top of my head I think a persian pairidaeza adjacent to a city and commercial with the city having Petra would grant you the most gold from a single tile.

We'e you including districts in the mix? Because technically a commercial hub with 6 envoys in all the gold city states, +100% adjacency bonus on commercial districts, specialized workers inside the commercial hub, all of the commercial buildings, and the +100% gold from buildings should give you the absolute most amount of gold.

IPERSIAN likes this.
  3. Rakish

Rakish Chieftain

the highest possible workable tile yields would come from seaside resorts. They give gold equal to appeal and there is a dozen different ways to inflate this very high if you can stack a few together. On top of that there is gold yields from certain natural wonders and gold from Petra if its a desert tile.

CPL_Yoshi and IPERSIAN like this.
  4. IPERSIAN

IPERSIAN Chieftain

yeah, nice nice ill have to give it a try

yeah i know theres ways to increase appeal of tiles with the help of great people and other stuff xd

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2017
  5. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

The CH gets +2 for a river and +2 for a harbour as well

Late game water tiles with a seaport are a pretty good money earner

6. antimony

antimony Chieftain

7. Victoria

Well... a couple of wrong assumptions he is making

"To maximize yield you want a Petra desert tile (2 food/2 gold/1 hammer), with one ocean tile (+1 appeal) and 3 old growth forests (+6 appeal) next to two NW tiles (+4 appeal) with full GE appeal buff (+6 appeal) and Eiffel (+2 appeal) First national park (+1 appeal, even more crazy if this stacks with each park) and a river (+1 appeal) With high random base appeal (for a minimum of 22, max of 24? I think the base tile appeal is 1-3)
    With a resort this gets you a max of +24 gold."

Base Appeal is 0
    + 1 for old forest
    +1 for coast
    +1 for River

A theoretical limit of 9 appeal including river and 2 NW tiles
    Eiffel 11
    Mausoleum with GE for an extra 9 is 20
    National park 21 as America is 21

So 21 Gold from a Seaside resort
    An English Harbour is 26 Gold
    A Commercial is 70 gold + 8 per City state Maxxed
    But it all pales into insignificance next to Great Zimbabwe

... Torres does not double luxuries as frar as I can guess as they are not part of the base tile. The below is done with Firetuner so may not calculate properly
    upload_2017-7-16_2-4-25.png

But it seems to for other NW so I guess its accurate
    upload_2017-7-16_2-7-10.png

You can get a lot of gold from a coastal city
    upload_2017-7-16_2-10-10.png

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  8. IPERSIAN

IPERSIAN Chieftain

Good stuff! Please keep this post in mind when you finally made the perfect tile, I want to get a tile-gasm lul

9. Victoria

@IPERSIAN are you including districts or is it gold from a normal tile? Does a resort count?

10. IPERSIAN

IPERSIAN Chieftain

@Victoria Yes take every single thing into account! But I prefer to see the yield on a normal tile this includes resorts.

11. Magma_Dragoon

Magma_Dragoon Reploid

I've always wanted a harbor like that
    No images in quotes? Why?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  12. Victoria

13. kb27787

kb27787 Chieftain

Highest appeal I've ever gotten on a resort was 14... With Eiffel but no GE. Great barrier reef x2 manmade wonders x3 and a holy site adjacent.... That made for an extremely beautiful resort.... Too bad I didn't save the screenshot. Could go higher if I was America and got some GE... But I think 20 is probably the limit when it comes to pushing appeal. Btw Teddy's bonus only gets applied once regardless of the city having multiple parks. I'm also pretty sure that 0.5 appeal gets rounded up, and conservation bonus is not really accurate. Before conservation woods are +0.5... After conservation old woods get another +0.5, bringing it to +1. That is why sometimes cutting down old woods and planting a second growth in its place does not change appeal. Aside from natural wonders the only way to get +2 from a single tile would be a manmade wonder on tiles that provide +1 by themselves... Such as Huey teocalli. Oh and you cannot have Petra desert and river at the same time since it will become flood plains. But then I realized I forgot about Persia's UI... So actually perhaps it is easier than I expected to get +2 appeal for all 6 surrounding tiles.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
    Victoria likes this.
  14. Victoria

Eiffel +2, barrier reef +6, wonders +3 Holy site+1... were I guess you had a river and an additional coastal tile right?

I think the max obtainable is 23 gold from a seaside resort
    ... I'll see if I can manage to firetune it sometime... but I cannot get worlbuilder to work for me so its getting the right map

This is way outdone by a commercial district

15. kb27787

kb27787 Chieftain

No river but some of the wonders were coastal wonders. (I don't remember how many).
    Coastal manmade wonders are +2 in total (+1 coast +1 wonder). Btw, GBR does not count as coast (tiles adjacent to them but not to other coast tiles cannot have resorts) so they are capped at +2 each and not +3.
    Actually 23 sounds possible with Mausoleum (forgot that it also gives GE one extra charge).. and Persia basically gets a free natural wonder as far as appeal goes for each pairidaeza..
    The commercial district probably would not count since by "on the tile" I assume means by working it. Otherwise the theoretical maximum would probably be Japan with a CH next to river all surrounded by districts on 6 sides and all mercantile CS in the game (with double adjacency bonus SP).

16. Magma_Dragoon

Magma_Dragoon Reploid

Cliffs of Dover adds 2 gold and are flat land despite being cliffs so it should be possible to build resorts on them. In older version of the game cliffs gave an additional +1 appeal and I believe Dover was affected by that, if you're willing to consider that.

I mean there is a link "view attachment #####" instead of the embedded image. The new forum software already shrinks big quotes so we don't have giant quote pyramids, so it confuses why it refused to embed even a modest sized image inside a quote block.

17. Victoria

Can you not copy and paste? Thats all I do... You cannot build anything on the cliffs I believe

18. Victoria

Can you explain this then?
    upload_2017-7-24_20-11-38.png

19. kb27787

kb27787 Chieftain

Well... Coastx2 +2 GBRx2 +4 cliff +1 brings it to 7... Problem is the rainforest -1 but if Brazil it is +1 instead. Or if not Brazil then we need the tile to have +2 in base tile appeal. Which you may argue it comes from GBR being also coast... Although I'm not sure how high the base random appeal of a tile can go but +2 does not seem impossible.

20. Victoria

For some reason I thought they stopped giving cliffs appeal
    So cliff + coast = 2 apeal... I wish i was at my computer

Uluru give +4 appeal per adjacent tile which throws a spanner in the works

So I count 25 gold possible if I added a river... if coast + cliff = 2 then you can use America to make it 26
    If Uluru cannot be directly on the coast you could still move these tiles and make it so
    Of course a real life making of such a thing is limited

upload_2017-7-25_9-51-13.png

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    IPERSIAN likes this.