King Phaedron

Warlord
I don't usually play this mean, but things happen towards the end of the game, leading to my complete abandonment of diplomacy, and when they cross me, I teach them and their allies a lesson in pain. A lesson they soon forget, until they are left with nothing. So glorius was my conquest of Phoenicia, within one turn an empire of 18 cities came to nothing, and because her final city was Valencia, which I liberated to Spain, no one was "grieved" by her ultimate demise.

Can anyone beat my "high score?" If I get over 3000 grievances will they finally start nuking me?

(I wasn't going out of my way "trying" to get them or anything. I was put in a situation, twice, where I needed to take quick action with a surprise war, and then just went with it and destroyed everything. Kept the game going, she made more cities, I razed a bunch of her allies which crossed over and vice versa.)

As you can see she's at war with everyone except Trajan and Hojo. She was at war with Sweden for the whole game, but the rest is because the AI Civilizations really hate it when a Religious City State is captured.

Grievances.jpg

Ain't I a StINCA...

Ticondera2.jpg

At long last, the world is a chaotic mess! Except perhaps for Scythia and Rome.

Traded Rome the glorious city of Palmyra (the real Palmyra rebelled and was razed) He paid 1500 gold and 90 gold per turn. Originally settled as Augsburg by the Germans, who made the Golden Gate bridge to the little island with the Encampment. (Definitely something Frederick would do) A prestigious museum of Military Accomplishments is there, open to the public, with a community of Sea Steads. The soldiers here love to march, parade, and talk about the good ole days. Merchants and Tourists cross the bridge, traders sail under it. New units love to train here. Crossing the bridge has become a symbolic ritual of going fourth to glory, just as Ceasar himself did when he crossed the Rubycon.

GoldenGate.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't been paying attention to the specific grievances stat but I'll start now :) I've regularly held 4 or 5 capitals at a time, which I know becomes a big penalty for diplo favor and should generate lots of grievance.

Best I've noticed was about 700. I don't care about them during dom games, so those could easily go higher.

My 700 "peaceful" game was religious. Tomyris, Dido and myself had all founded religions. I was fighting Dido's apostles over Tomyris' lands. She asked me to stop converting her and I refused. So I just kept racking up greviences, as the cities kept changing hands. Eliminating Tamar for betraying me probably didn't help either.

Top Bottom