1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Most hated CIV?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by microbe, Jan 30, 2004.

1. microbe

microbe Cascaded Mansion

Which CIV do you fight the most?

To me it seems Russia. Almost in all games I'm obligated to eliminate it.

Not that I hate Russia in real life. I think it's just they are an aggressive civ in the GAME and often get on my back.

2. CIVPhilzilla

CIVPhilzilla Reagan Republican

Korea, everytime they stab me in the back, of course they will get what is coming to them.

3. Lorax

Lorax Chieftain

Zulu - Cannot be trusted and always cause war
    Spain - Isabella is always a pain and infringes on my territory and invades me for no apparent reason...

4. DanielF

DanielF Chieftain

grr... those Babylonians! :cringe: It seems like I fight them every game at some point. :)

5. Nisku

Nisku Chieftain

Zulu for me too, way to aggressive, they also seem to enjoy suicide wars.

6. The Quirk

The Quirk Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

whee, post 1!

For some reason the Persians have been awfully fiesty the past few games, especially if they get the iron for the Immortals.

7. sealman

sealman Hater of Babylonians

I hate the Babylonians sooo much. In fact I hate them so much that at one point, I was know as Sealman, Hater of Babylonians.

EDIT: Welcom Quirk :band:

8. akillias

akillias Prince

Isabella = CHEAT, Godamnit i cant trust her

9. Tranquility

Tranquility Grand unifier

Those zulu and mongols...they declare war at nothing, and ALWAYS demand free tribute.

10. akillias

akillias Prince

Lol most of the time i wait until they sneak attack me and ask my neighboor to declare war against them works fine if you want to backstabb friends

11. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

Any scientfic civ. In all my games the Ottomans have never got their UU unless I have tanks and bombers already. I either eliminate them or contain them as soon as I can.

12. silver 2039

silver 2039 Deity

Ghandi. Why? He is a tratirous backstabbing fool! Don't let him live till the modern age.

13. TheRockit

TheRockit Chieftain

The Greeks, Zulu & Indians are insufferable for me. A recent game had my empire tops for city production, number of cities and land area. The world was known and gunpowder not yet discovered by any tribe. Without any reason (that I could tell) or warning the Zulu declared war and of course refused to speak with me for 5 turns. They didn't even have a city near my borders. I got tired of trying to talk to an opponent far away and being rejected so I created a military alliance with EVERY OTHER tribe known to myself and the Zulu.

England, Iroquois, Aztec, Maya & America all shared a continent or contact with myself and the Zulu. The Zulu was smaller than America and Maya. The English and Iroquois were as large and productive as the Zulu. The Aztec were smaller but more advanced than the Zulu. Let me just tell you that every turn HORDES of troops from every nation poured into Zulu territory. The Alliances were renewed three times. And what happens about 75 turns into this "world war"? Of course an irresistable MASS of Zulu show up on my border and not a single city of the Zulu's had fallen.

The Zulu reduced the Iroquois, Aztec and Mayan cultures to a handfull of scattered towns. They didn't touch America or England, being separated by myself or water. Then the Zulu decided to FINALLY invade the empire they declared war on in the first place... me. I repulsed them for about 7 turns without any city losses and sued for peace. The Zulu Accepted and both of us (the Zulu and my own tribe) began to expand and settle into the abyss left from Shaka's impressive wrath.

The disconcerting part? Zululand never lost a city, decimated 3 civs who were all as powerfull of greater than them going into the war and the Zulu of course became more powerfull. Oh you know the story- attacked against our peace treaty as soon as they could mobilize more troops on my border than I had in my ENTIRE empire. Even though I had been devoting 96 turns to just building defensive units. (I built defensive units and bombard units for the duration of the Allied war instead of sending offensive troops in).

Ouch, I hate the Zulu... and I have stories even more sad about the other tribes I mentioned as well. Apparently my problem though... even just on warlord level I basically SUCK at this game now that conquests is loaded and patched. Never had this much trouble figuring out how to balance military, economy and research in PTW!!!

:cry:

14. Revolutionary

Revolutionary Anarchy!

I seem to hate ALL my rivals equally there all a bunch of backstabbers and treatie breakers :mad:

Not one civ has never betrayed me. The bastards the stinking, lying, cheating, sneak attacking bastards :mad:

15. microbe

microbe Cascaded Mansion

I guess I need to also ask: the most loved CIV. :cool:

I tend to like France as she tends to behave decently. Greece is also nice in my memory.

I think in general CIVs with the expanionist trait are more aggressive? Sic. and Commercial ones tend to be less so.

16. Goober

Goober Turning Right ...

Ohh, how many threads like this have I seen . . .

I do not like the Zulus, English, Carthaginians, Koreans can be annoying, Mongols, Russians, or Chinese.

I find the Roamn, and Spanish Civs to be weak when played by the AI.

I like playing as any religious Civ!!!

17. Ramalhão

Ramalhão Warlord

I always hated Zulus. If they are in a game, be sure to have a stab in your back.
    In C3C, there are Incas. I think they are worst. Finding them means war. It seems they don't know the meaning of "diplomacy". I hate to start a game and see them in the same continent.

18. silver 2039

silver 2039 Deity

The civ I like the most is the Byzantines because of THEODORA:love: my beloved:love: we will be together for ever:love:]

19. Veky

Veky Chieftain

Welcome to the real world. :D

20. Civrules

Civrules We the People

I am always at war with the Portuguese. They just don't like me.