Most Hilarious message ever

"Oh, it's you. Now my day is complete."

The first time I saw this one it completely tore me up.

I had Cyrus tell me:

Finitemonkey, You are the wind beneath my wings!

Lord Olleus said:
What is the funniest message you have ever had i civ 4. I think that
"Gandhi has converted to Judaism" does it for me.
Although Montezuma saying:
"Roosevelt is worse than a rat in the gutter" comes a close second.

you guys must be way to addicted to civ 4 cause that is a very bad joke:goodjob: :goodjob:

Roland Ehnström said:
It's "Sweets are good in moderation", I think.

-- Roland
Close...from the XML...

"Snacks are good in moderation."

I think this is the most hilarious quote i have ever heard from any leader
Its not the exact words but very close

Catherine: (when furious during war) : Hmmph a leader even I wont sleep with!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like how you reply "let them eat cake" when you're told that your city is unhealthy.

I'm perplexed that nobody has mentioned the following

(upon meeting and declaring peace)
"May this peace last until there is no room left to expand!"

or

"May this peace last until there is no one else left to conquer!"

I also like: "May the peace last a thousand years."

Then I realized the game spans six thousand years.

In a peace negotiation with Roosevelt initiated by me:

'America does not negotiate with terrorists'

Even my civ-hating girlfriend was laughing out loud ;)

beestar said:
You know, that took a LOT of Googling to find. It's used a million times in forum .sigs, riffed off a jillion times ("We are building a network of extraordinary magnitude"), but original attributions were few and far between.
Such is the way with obscure cult movies.

For those of you who were born after 1970, it's quoting the evil Dr. Klahn from the "Fist full of Yen" segment of "Kentucky Fried Movie".

(The popcorn you are eating has been pissed in - Film at Eleven)

Anyone figure out the "OH YEAH!"?
Future Tech must include the invention of Kool Aid... :lol:

Monty Python references show up in a few bits of diplomatic text, and some more "proper" literary allusions too.

"Welcome, Meffy. I am Peter, ruler of all of Russia. You will find me a fair man to deal with - cruel, but fair."

(From a Python skit. Even after being reminded by an interviewer that the famous gangster Dinsdale Piranha once "nailed your head to the floor," one of his victims insists that Dinsdale was "A cruel man... cruel, but fair.")

From Louis XIV: "It is far too late for peace, you silly Mephitic person! Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!"

(It's true, I went along on the Quest for the Holy Grail. I was just out of the cameras' field of view. There was something about hamsters and elderberries too.)

"I have always relied on the kindness of strangers, Meffy. Can you help?"

(Tennessee Williams' "A Streetcar Named Desire" -- Blanche Dubois, hapless sister of the Stella at whom Marlon Brando shouted. One gets an odd sensation when Huayna Capac delivers this line.)

"Hello, this is Genghis Khan. Mongolia is not at home right now: please leave your name and number and we'll get back to you when pigs have wings."

( :-D No literary allusion here, but I like the line.)

I seem to recall Huayna or maybe Genghis once saying something like "Meffy, you're everything I've always wanted to be. I really mean that."

"Bah! Let them eat cake!"
The player, after refusing to build an aquaduct in an unhealthy city.

Yah I was halfway thorugh the thread (its really funny) before I realized that most of the comments are 3 years old... :lol:

Top Bottom