Most Historically Accurate Thing That Ever Happened To You

Once I was on the Earth 18 map, as Ghengis. I had conquered all of Eastern Asia, plus Indonesia and Australia. Russia was doing pretty well for itself though. It conquered all of Western Asia west of Iran and Karakorum, plus Germany (Eastern Asia) was it's vassal. This isn't that out of the ordinary, until the mid 1700s when I DoWed her - she sacrificed her entire (massive) Stack o' Doom on one of my cities.

The city was in present day Afghanistan. Apparently that was most of her army, though. The rest was a cakewalk.

Nothing very historically accurate has ever happened to me, but maybe that's because I tend not to test myself, and go with what I know I can win comfortably with. Although, once, using a slightly modified Earth map, Rome became quite powerful in the Mediterranean area, before being invaded by Germany.

The best I had ever done was be England and by the 1500s started a global empire where the "sun never set on the English Empire". But didn't have enough pop for the dom victory I needed.

I've had a lot of "historical" things happen on Earth(34) map, a familiar feeling came up when Shaka declared war on the Brits and beat some of their renaissance units with his huge outdated stack. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Isandlwana

I also remember Neal invading China with Keshiks in his KotW series, they had just built the Great Wall :crazyeye:

One game Rome collapsed after a dogpile in the early ADs, the funny thing beeing it was aided by a barbarian uprising "Attila the Hun":lol:

I colonized a large chunk of the northern New World and had to create the American colony for obvious reasons. The American nation easily surpassed every Old World country in land size/population and due to several crippling world wars in the Old World it suprisingly became a major power.

As Persia (playing Earth 34) and in a small amount of time using only Immortals was able to conquer the Persian Empire (Babylon, Sumeria, Egypt, Turkey, Israel, etc.)... but then it got unhistorical as I was able to conquer Greece and Byzantine, but then got into a 500 year stand-off with HRE, where I was transitioning my Immortal army into Knights... that game I went on to conquer Europe, India, and northern Africa I think :D

Oh yeah (diff. game), does this seem historical :lol:

Germans declared war on France, followed by Rome. France and Rome soon made peace, but the German-French War went on. I was playing Churchill (DrillIVRedcoats) and helped France, but the cowards capitulated to the Germans. After that, it became far less historical, with Babylon declaring on Germany, Rome declaring on Babylon, and Russia declaring on me.

I had the United Nations force every country to adopt free religion... oh wait that didn't happen in real life.

Well I did go on a wild conquering spree with the Romans, had my economy collapse and have some of my border cities taken by barbarians.

After getting workers in, it takes them 400 years to build a cottage.

or is that a UK thing?

Once, playing as Rosie, I had Toku sneak attack an island city that happened to also be my main military base in that hemisphere. The results were pretty historical to, except that I didn't settle for accepting him as a vassal. After nuking him into the stone age, I razed all his cities with Marine landings and drove his civ into the history books.

Last night the spanish killed the Inca again.

They deserved it this time though. HC was wonderspamming and snagging stuff a few turns before I finished it throughout the game.

Only minor things.
-China building the Great Wall
-Mecca being the holy city of Islam
-France Capitulating (i.e. surrendering)
-Americans going to war with Native Americans (The event in context was not historically accurate at all, I was playing the RoM mod at the time and the Native Americans arose out of Revolution)

Most realistic thing? I recall one game where the Americans attacked the Arabs, took most of their best cities pretty much leaving the Arabs utter crap, vassalized them, kept them stagnating in that role for a while, lost them as vassals, and then sat back and watched them get picked apart by the world - probably with wonderful rhetoric about how they'd done them an incredible favour to keep the home front happy.

I also saw them pretty much re-enact Vietnam once, but with Korea... Went in with a huge force, got their arses kicked by the Korean protective forces, then ran home with their tails between their legs, probably with healthy helpings of rhetoric and flags flying high. So, that's only partially historically accurate.

I played as Germany on a Earth map, conquered France and tried to ally with Rome(eventually I conquered them because they wouldn't ally me) settled Eastern Europe and Russia began a push that ultimately led to my demise as I was trying to make peace with the British I declared war on only a century earlier(they wanted a couple Franch cities I owned) so I was facing British raids on the coastline and suffering from a huge landwar with Russia.

My Greek Phalanx, mostly whipped from Sparta beat the Persian Empire and their countless Immortals.
Or was it historically other way around? :)

Top Bottom