1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Most Historically Accurate Thing That Ever Happened To You

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Civman33, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Lemon Merchant

Lemon Merchant Disinterested Observer Moderator

Nope. Never mind. Decided not to touch that one after all. :lol:

2. bestbrian

bestbrian Just this guy, ya know?

This is not what you originally posted. Bad, bad, Lemon. :D

3. Lemon Merchant

Lemon Merchant Disinterested Observer Moderator

I'm trying to get out of the doghouse, thank you. :lol:

4. Aleph_Strategy

Aleph_Strategy Chieftain

Johann Wolfgang Geothe born to me, Germany and Sz'un Tzu born to Mao China.

5. champ82

champ82 Immortal Ruler

This sounds perfectly realistic to me.

6. Xellos-_^

Xellos-_^ Prince

In my current game i am playing the Romans and I got Scipio Africanus and Mao got Sun Tzu as a great general.

7. Antilogic

Antilogic --

Sweet.

I was playing as Julius Caesar one time when my drunken buddies came in with a kitchen knife because I stole their oreos or something. Good old undergrad days... :D

8. globaooba

globaooba The Wolpertinger

I was America on the 18 civ real world map and i was attacking Japan and west Germany.Russia was invading from the east and France had 1 city in real world Spain.Germany had Paris and North Africa.

9. Foamy7

Foamy7 Mmm... Donuts...

Last night, the French offered to become my vassal after two turns of war in the 1930's. Works out to about 6 weeks I guess.

10. Flying Pig

Flying Pig Utrinque Paratus Retired Moderator

Unfortunatly it's two years, but still... I wonder if the Firaxis people actually made the France surrendering thing, or if its just a coincidence.

11. Foamy7

Foamy7 Mmm... Donuts...

For historical accuracy, no doubt. Either that or someone decided to include some hidden code.

12. Terrance888

Terrance888 Discord Reigns

In the Charlemagne mod I got to be the HRE at the year... 800 AD as Charlemagne! :o

In this Continents Game I as Chine pwned Korea and Khmer on one side of a continent. Rome took over Carthage and Greece. There was a backward Mongol Empire that I vassalized to the South-Center while Rome Vassalized Germany in the North-Center. Russia was a scared nuetral state. We had a road that eventually lead to +5 Trade routes across the entire continent.

Then, suddenly, Russia Invaded Mongolia. It broke free and both invaded me Gengis Khan styled: A mess of Cossaks. Germany broke free and invaded Rome.

Gengis Khan backstabbed Russia.

The world ended with a massive Germany 'Europe' fighting off huge stacks of Mongolian 'Asia'.

13. tulanehockey

tulanehockey Chieftain

18 civ earth map, 2001 playing as america i destrpyed my own customs house in nyc with a spy after an "arabian plane crash in my country" i declared war on them, became a police state, and vassalized the arab world. Or I am I thinking of something else, maybe that wasn't in a game...

14. Drake007

Drake007 Warlord

building versailles and the eiffel tower in paris.

i didnt mean for it at all, it was just the logical thing to do in that particular game (conquered it post forbidden palace and other main production city was busy with hollywood/cultural victory).

as a side note, you clueless americans crack me up with your military mockery of the french. france is the biggest country in europe for a reason. one would think playing this game would raise your awareness of "pre 1939 history", but i guess having a scapegoat at the price of ignorance is more important.

15. Terrance888

Terrance888 Discord Reigns

The French are a marshal people: They have done great in wars when lead by good comanders but bad when lead by bad commanders. So therefore: They get a +200% bonus with good commanders.

16. bestbrian

"pre 1939"? As in 1870? :)

And don't get your nose out of joint, the Frogs and the Yanks have been jerking each other around in a "love-hate" thing since long before De Tocqueville. Just deal with it. :)

17. Belisar

Belisar Defender of Byzanz

I second that, a joke here and there is just the silly talk of some grumpy civers (like myself) ;)
    What do you think we would post if Italy was present as a civ? :p
    And the Americans should note that the French saved them from the Brits 1781 :p

18. Flying Pig

Flying Pig Utrinque Paratus Retired Moderator

19. bestbrian

Now THAT'S funny. :lol:

20. URSExelcior

URSExelcior Warlord

...except France isn't the biggest country in Europe... That would be Russia, followed by Ukraine.

Perhaps people have exagerated the "French military" joke, but there's a grain of truth in everything. Just look at French military history for a minute http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/france.html.