Most Historically Accurate Thing That Ever Happened To You

I was playing as Ramses II and fathered over 100 children.
Nope. Never mind. Decided not to touch that one after all. :lol:

Johann Wolfgang Geothe born to me, Germany and Sz'un Tzu born to Mao China.

In my current game i am playing the Romans and I got Scipio Africanus and Mao got Sun Tzu as a great general.

I was playing as Ramses II and fathered over 100 children.

Sweet.

I was playing as Julius Caesar one time when my drunken buddies came in with a kitchen knife because I stole their oreos or something. Good old undergrad days... :D

I was America on the 18 civ real world map and i was attacking Japan and west Germany.Russia was invading from the east and France had 1 city in real world Spain.Germany had Paris and North Africa.

Last night, the French offered to become my vassal after two turns of war in the 1930's. Works out to about 6 weeks I guess.

Unfortunatly it's two years, but still... I wonder if the Firaxis people actually made the France surrendering thing, or if its just a coincidence.

For historical accuracy, no doubt. Either that or someone decided to include some hidden code.

In the Charlemagne mod I got to be the HRE at the year... 800 AD as Charlemagne! :o

In this Continents Game I as Chine pwned Korea and Khmer on one side of a continent. Rome took over Carthage and Greece. There was a backward Mongol Empire that I vassalized to the South-Center while Rome Vassalized Germany in the North-Center. Russia was a scared nuetral state. We had a road that eventually lead to +5 Trade routes across the entire continent.

Then, suddenly, Russia Invaded Mongolia. It broke free and both invaded me Gengis Khan styled: A mess of Cossaks. Germany broke free and invaded Rome.

Gengis Khan backstabbed Russia.

The world ended with a massive Germany 'Europe' fighting off huge stacks of Mongolian 'Asia'.

18 civ earth map, 2001 playing as america i destrpyed my own customs house in nyc with a spy after an "arabian plane crash in my country" i declared war on them, became a police state, and vassalized the arab world. Or I am I thinking of something else, maybe that wasn't in a game...

building versailles and the eiffel tower in paris.

i didnt mean for it at all, it was just the logical thing to do in that particular game (conquered it post forbidden palace and other main production city was busy with hollywood/cultural victory).

as a side note, you clueless americans crack me up with your military mockery of the french. france is the biggest country in europe for a reason. one would think playing this game would raise your awareness of "pre 1939 history", but i guess having a scapegoat at the price of ignorance is more important.

building versailles and the eiffel tower in paris.

i didnt mean for it at all, it was just the logical thing to do in that particular game (conquered it post forbidden palace and other main production city was busy with hollywood/cultural victory).

as a side note, you clueless americans crack me up with your military mockery of the french. france is the biggest country in europe for a reason. one would think playing this game would raise your awareness of "pre 1939 history", but i guess having a scapegoat at the price of ignorance is more important.

"pre 1939"? As in 1870? :)

And don't get your nose out of joint, the Frogs and the Yanks have been jerking each other around in a "love-hate" thing since long before De Tocqueville. Just deal with it. :)

I second that, a joke here and there is just the silly talk of some grumpy civers (like myself) ;)
What do you think we would post if Italy was present as a civ? :p
And the Americans should note that the French saved them from the Brits 1781 :p

...except France isn't the biggest country in Europe... That would be Russia, followed by Ukraine.

Perhaps people have exagerated the "French military" joke, but there's a grain of truth in everything. Just look at French military history for a minute http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/france.html.

Top Bottom