Most illogical thing you have seen the AI do?

An AI declared war on a CS very early.
The AI then followed up by sending 5 units (mostly warriors and some archers) inside of the CS borders.
Instead of actually attacking the city, the AI thought it was a good idea to fortify some of his units, and let some of them patrol between 2 tiles, while all his units were bombarded by the CS city.
Needless to say, about 25 turns later there was a peace accord after the AI lost all his units without attacking once.

Are we playing the same game?

Yes. I played Civ5 two weeks ago last time. I come here to check if there's any news about improvement on the horizon, because I can't force myself to start the game.
I coloured it a little with the techs :mischief: - on their "offer" panel was absolutely everything they could offer - all treasury, all income, resources, . I regret not taking screenshot, because it was silly. I didn't finish that game.

Playing for a domination victory with just Rome left to burn, and I was slowly getting my knights across the map to hit him. The first few units get there while waiting for my archers, Caesar is all like "I SEE U" and I'm all like "WASNT ME HONEST" so he's all like "OK" and proceeds to charge all his units at the nearest city state that I'm alllied with. Needless to say I ignore it and Rome burns 3 turns later.

It actually spoiled the gratification of beating him because up till he challenged me about my units on his border he had 4 legions, a bunch spears and archers and Rome was actually really well defended and I wasn't sure I had the firepower to take him out on my first wave. Then it became too easy and spoiled the joy of victory

I'm waiting to see his blanket push back towards his city since the CS is right next to his last city, but it never happens. I take out what looks like a rush-bought unit while lining up for the siege and become allied with the CS due to helping them in war. Their map lights up and i see eight units still attacking the CS. He has a mix of hoplites, cavalry, and archers over there, but none turn back to help out his last city. His civ is conquered two turns later.

:confused:

A similar thing happened to me too. I was on a continent with Wu Zetian really close, just a little north of my 2nd city and Alex near my 3rd city. Alex had only his capital and I was planning to attack him, when he suddenly declared war on Wu and captured Bejiing and gone for her second and last city when I declared on him, took Bejing and that fool send archers and warriors next to my sworsmen and in archer's range:lol:. Needless to say, destroyed his army and captured his empty capital with ease:D. That game was way too easy, I conquered 3 empires before 1000AD, my whole continent and I was never a big warmonger in civ 4, but it's way too easy in civ 5.:mischief:

Trade Window.

AI has

4 whales

1 Gem

I has

5 furs

1 spices

I request the said ai to trade me one whale for one fur of mine.

HE goes go DIE JUST BURN JUST BURN FOR OUTRAGEOUS DEAL.

I goes ok, what will you propose?

He proposes Me trade 1 furs and one spices for one whale of his.

I goes .... decline trade.

*Starts planning on how to kill the said AI.*

Top Bottom