• BTS

Votes: 16 11.3%
  • BTS - Classical

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Cornhog should have thought of a better first poll topic

Votes: 20 14.2%

• Total voters
The Classic shall remain king

I hate The Lion King music. I had to turn that off in Civ4 Vanilla. Warlords was a huge improvement on it. BTS is fine, too. Either would be hugely preferable to that Lion King theme.

I guess if you like kids' cartoons, you might prefer the Vanilla screen. There's nothing wrong with that, but I outgrew Disney movies a long, long time ago.

What's not to like about Baba Yetu?

"Lion King"??:nono:

Regular civ. I used to sit and watch the clouds/lights for ages rofl

It's not the music, it's the screen! :mad: A picture of Earth beats a hairy swordsman any day. ;) Just change the music to something more fitting.

Heck, I even think it would be funny if someone modded the terrain to show miniature nuclear explosions going off. Then we could change the music to "We'll Meet Again" from Dr. Strangelove! :lol: :mischief:

Agreed on all points. Maybe Peter Sellers can run across the screen ;)

It's not the music, it's the screen! :mad: A picture of Earth beats a hairy swordsman any day. ;) Just change the music to something more fitting.

Heck, I even think it would be funny if someone modded the terrain to show miniature nuclear explosions going off. Then we could change the music to "We'll Meet Again" from Dr. Strangelove! :lol: :mischief:

well there is a baba yetu mp3 somewhere in the install dir I think. So in the unlikely case you'd want some other song you could replace that file?

AFAIK, you can change the music, but I thought it was named "menumusic.mp3" or something to that effect. You're gonna have to rename the music you want to use. It should match the name of the music file you are replacing (this way you don't need to change any coding). Make sure to rename the original "baba yetu" file first, so you don't overwrite it by accident.

That might make a cool mod but it would be deeply disturbing, oh course all civ players are deeply disturbed especially those who get their rocks off by wiping out the inferior scum of the planet those who take what they want those who send in massive armies of un-yielding might THOSE WHO MAKE THE WORLD THEIRS NO MATTER WHAT THE COST AND DAMN ANY FOOL WHO STANDS IN THEIR WAY OUR NUKES WILL REMOVE THE RESISTANCE OF THOSE...

Huh... where did I go just now...

Who was the better piano player in the musical Don't Stop Me Fred which ran for three weeks in Oklahoma City in 1987. Fred Biderman or Alfred Steinberg?

Well, Biderman's permanent smile may have played well with the audience, but Steinberg displayed a greater sensitivity for the musical's political undertones imho.

Oh, and the Classic menu screen is the best (though they should've got Steinberg to do the music - the theme he wrote for Warlords was a great improvement over Baba-Lionkingetu).

Top Bottom