Votes: 16 11.3%
  • BTS - Classical

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Cornhog should have thought of a better first poll topic

Votes: 20 14.2%

• Total voters

Cornhog

Warlord
This is what it all boils down to folks... Which main menu screen do you prefer? Okay, maybe not the most important question ever, but it's easily in the top 10. I noticed that the new patch lets you swap menu screens without resetting even. Nifty eh? So, I'm just curious. Plus I wanted to figure out how to post a poll :)

I switch between the three (Original Civ IV (Baba Yetu), Warlords, and BTS). I recently switched from the BTS screen to the Baba Yetu screen.

To post a poll, there should be an option called "Include a Poll" which you can put a check mark beside and when you press submit, you are directed to a screen where you will be able to customize your poll.

Most important questions ever:

1. Does God exist?
2. Are we alone in the universe?

1,045. What should I do if I feel chest pains?
1,046. I cheated on my wife, should I tell her?

62,890. Tastes great? Or less filling?

3,343,798,897. Who was the better piano player in the musical Don't Stop Me Fred which ran for three weeks in Oklahoma City in 1987. Fred Biderman or Alfred Steinberg?
3,343,798,898. What's the best Civilization menu?

I was in distress about whether to post this poll. Thank you, Cornhog, for saving me the effort.

The original Civ 4 menu is the best, for me. If I feel like doing a really epic game, then the BTS menu will do the trick. Otherwise, Baba Yetu works great.

Vanilla and BtS both have great main menu themes. I don't care for the Warlords themes at all.

What's the difference between BtS and BtS classic?

3,343,798,897. Who was the better piano player in the musical Don't Stop Me Fred which ran for three weeks in Oklahoma City in 1987. Fred Biderman or Alfred Steinberg?

Oh Fred Biderman for sure, is there really any question?

1. Does God exist?
No

2. Are we alone in the universe?
No

1,045. What should I do if I feel chest pains?
Tell your wife.

1,046. I cheated on my wife, should I tell her?
Don't tell your wife.

62,890. Tastes great? Or less filling?
Miller Lite tastes great AND is less filling.

Fred Biderman. Duh. What are you, an idiot?

3,343,798,898. What's the best Civilization menu?
The world may never know...

I had to vote for classical because of the awesome Baba Yetu music. I actually had to switch to one of the others in order to stop humming it in my sleep...

Anything's better than the BTS screen. The graphic is alright, but the tune sounds cheaply produced and poorly put together. I'm not a big fan of the Vanilla music. It's kinda wimpy. I'm a huge fan of the Warlord's screen. Sure the tune is really a love song, but it's bold and in your face. The beat is tribal and strong. My kinda sh*t. I like the warrior swinging his sword around, and the intro video is pretty bad ass.

Much to the credit of the BTS staff, the intro video is the best of all of them, but for the actual menu screen, my kudos to Warlords.

3. Do androids dream of electric sheep?

No, they can't, because Baba Yetu keeps going through their positronic brains.

1. Does God exist?

Nope, that's not it - I'll show you:

Q: Does God exist?
A: 42.

See? It doesn't really work that well.

:p

:trophy: Lars Domus is hereby awarded the Octavian Pun of the Day trophy.

I voted for original Civ 4, but I don't like the Baba Yetu opening. I replaced it with the music from Rise of Rome. :D

Baba yetu all the way. That and the sun rising over the earth. I actualy feel the urge to take the dust off the cd and fire up the intro movie.

I hate The Lion King music. I had to turn that off in Civ4 Vanilla. Warlords was a huge improvement on it. BTS is fine, too. Either would be hugely preferable to that Lion King theme.

I guess if you like kids' cartoons, you might prefer the Vanilla screen. There's nothing wrong with that, but I outgrew Disney movies a long, long time ago.

I guess if you like kids' cartoons, you might prefer the Vanilla screen. There's nothing wrong with that, but I outgrew Disney movies a long, long time ago.

It's not the music, it's the screen! :mad: A picture of Earth beats a hairy swordsman any day. ;) Just change the music to something more fitting.

Heck, I even think it would be funny if someone modded the terrain to show miniature nuclear explosions going off. Then we could change the music to "We'll Meet Again" from Dr. Strangelove! :lol: :mischief:

I like the hairy swordsman, but if someone's able to mod the sequence could he please add a line of slave girls being paraded past for his selection ? And the music ought surely to be "Mars" from Holst's suite "The Planets".

Top Bottom