Most Meh Events

The "build X buildings" quests always seem to come after all the land is taken, and have requirements that are JUST out of reach (I never have enough cities).

In a recent game, I had a random event I hadn't encountered before. I was told to build 9 harbours before I discovered some technology or other. The only problem was that only 4 of my 9 cities were coastal, and there was no way I could expand. Anyway, I discovered the technology that nullified the quest not long afterwards and was informed that I had "failed the Harbourmasters' Quest". Meh indeed.

Ive gotten the miracle on the city wall one before at a time when walls were obsolete. I've also gotten a horse whisperer quest.. lol

Ive gotten the miracle on the city wall one before at a time when walls were obsolete. I've also gotten a horse whisperer quest.. lol

If you get the horse whisperer quest at the right time, with a horse resource, it can be very good for your civ indeed. And there are multiple chocies when it comes to the reward. Unles I have a small army and menacing neighbours, I go for the alternative that gives stables + 1 food.

Öjevind Lång;5893068 said:
If you get the horse whisperer quest at the right time, with a horse resource, it can be very good for your civ indeed. And there are multiple chocies when it comes to the reward. Unles I have a small army and menacing neighbours, I go for the alternative that gives stables + 1 food.
Ah, I never got to finish it because it required 11 cities and I was playing a very crammed duel map lol

i got bard's tale, rewards are:
1.City gains 100 culture points
2.you pay 25 gold AND city gains 450 culture points
3.IF you have RADIO you pay 10*number of cities in gold and all cities gain 250 culture points

i was rich and had quite a few new cities. #3 would have been really sweet, but i was far from radio waaaaaah. of course it showed me that option, greyed out, gloating at me. so mean!

in the "OMG that's a great one but uh oh it has kinda bad implications" category, my still-in-progress game i got the event where all my axemen get a free shock promotion. never had that type before so i made a new one and checked, sure enough all the axemen i made from then on got it too, which was fabulous since i'd made like 3 so far *giggle*.

well, this is on an archi map where i want optics and astro. i'm not the type that can conquer early in the axe-rush/galley stage even if it's all coastal-reachable, trust me on that one. but i already knew civil service. so when i learned machinery i'd lose my freebie promotion which i really wanted to get and then upgrade to maces. but mach is a prereq that blocks so many techs i wanted, way to make me indecisive! i was teching faster than them so shock would be handy, i wasn't exactly going to be facing riflemen as long as i didn't put it off too long. so i pumped out an axe per turn just about in HE city, and other cities made some, pretending to be a warmonger. then i did a trade mission with my GM for upgrade cash, and finally bit the bullet and got machinery, obsoletely my lovely shockers.

i also got harbormaster, which is awesome on archi. and i'm the dutch, with +2 strength galleon UU! i picked +1 movement. and already had circumnavigation bonus. so once i went mech i kept teching and learned astro. it's not over yet but i'm doing really well. you'd almost think i know how to wage a war or something! actually, maybe i'm putting that one in the wrong thread. but trust me, it was kind of meh since i'm really indecisive and couldn't figure out how long to put off machinery.

Top Bottom