1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Most number of people to declare war on you?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by ianfuture, May 21, 2009.

1. Mr.Berserk

Mr.Berserk Chieftain

Everyone

I have no idea why though.

2. 6K Man

6K Man Bureaucrat

I've had 3 or more DOW on me simultaneously (not counting vassals). At times I have been at war with the world, but in most of those cases, I was the one to declare war.

3. Ice_Tyrant

Ice_Tyrant Prince

I had three go at me once, but they were vassals. At first I was like "oh crap" but in the end I got a complete victory over each one, completely destroying one civilization after being at war with that one on and off for, like, 200-300 years or somethin'.

4. My Pet Hamster

My Pet Hamster Just hangin'

Everyone.

I just try to get rid of one annoyance and then realize she's signed a DP with 3 others and they've signed them with everybody else.:crazyeye: Happens a lot.:mischief:

Creepy.

:scan:

5. TheEnforcer

TheEnforcer Chieftain

Just had a game with 4 that I talk about in this thread. Had 6 one time but it was an all out holy war where it was six against 5 on a huge map. That happened early when I started playing a while back and didn't mind as much going to war. I've become an extreme isolationist/builder over time.

6. capnvonbaron

capnvonbaron Democratia gladii

Three words:

Diplomacy advisor screen :p

7. Conqistador

Conqistador Warlord

27. GenghisKai's Giant Earth mod with vassal states, aggresive AI with only conquest enabled and being the only civ of my religion is not at all fun. I lost that game, and have never played with vassal states since. I assume that a great deal of bribery took place the turn of the declaration.

To explain further for those unfamiliar with the mod, there are 36 civilizations on the map, with china and india represented by 2 seperate civs each, to stop them getting huge. I was France and had captured Spain and England. Every other civ except the 6 American civs declared at once.

8. Sian

Sian Emperor

13 on a huge map with 16 AI's (Gandhi was voted out of the game quite early) ... stupid AP :p ... the AP religion just didn't want to spread to me since i allready had the dominant religion everywhere

9. samthedagger

samthedagger Warlord

I often make the mistake of not checking for defensive pacts before going to war, but I don't think I've ever been at war with more than 2 people at once in regular game (not counting scenarios).

10. phoenix_sprite

phoenix_sprite King

Like 7, war weariness ftl

11. mariogreymist

mariogreymist Deity

I've had everyone come after me at once, but it was so late and I was so far ahead it was immaterial. The most devastating multi-DoW ever was a game where I was sandwiched between two relatively peaceful civs on a stringy contininent, started teching like mad (taking advantage of their good nature to focus production on development rather than military) and just when I started to build a strong military (well, axes anyway) had both of them DoW on me at the same time. (In spite of the fact they hated each other, and both liked me)

12. Fraxander

Fraxander Chieftain

3 declare on me straight on....