Most OP start ever for Spain Deity

ElDudio

Chieftain
I like picking Spain and crushing Deity. I had such a powerful start a couple days ago that I just got to share it. It's a marble desert Hill mountain river coast tile start (1 turn movement) with regional salt,
Spoiler Maybe you want to play before reading this :

first to settable El Dorado and Uluru both 10-ish tiles away and I still got to find lake victoria across the world first at turn 30-ish

No turn 37 petra snipes, other nations warring each other and none (I think) picked tradition. I even got Partenon. Best game ever.

Try it, let me know how fast you finished, I think I got smtin like turn 145 cultural victory with a total of 30-ish wonders

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 224
  • Spain ElDorado Uluru.Civ5Save
    490.9 KB · Views: 61
I like picking Spain and crushing Deity. I had such a powerful start a couple days ago that I just got to share it. It's a marble desert Hill mountain river coast tile start (1 turn movement) with regional salt,
Spoiler Maybe you want to play before reading this :

first to settable El Dorado and Uluru both 10-ish tiles away and I still got to find lake victoria across the world first at turn 30-ish

No turn 37 petra snipes, other nations warring each other and none (I think) picked tradition. I even got Partenon. Best game ever.

Try it, let me know how fast you finished, I think I got smtin like turn 145 cultural victory with a total of 30-ish wonders
Wow, that IS a great start. The only possible improvement I could imagine would be for the mountain to be where your warrior is, for an observatory. But it sounds like you didn't even need that.

That's pretty darn good, especially if it's vanilla. It's been a while since I played without VP, but I remember that a salty start was always good. I have had starts with 4 or 5 salt tiles in range, but that coastal marble desert hill river mountain floodplains combo is a rare one. Even better when getting when getting natural wonders as Spain.

I've been playing this one and its been one of the most fun Deity games I've played in a long time. All the AI are hyper-aggressive. I lost early the first try.

Spoiler :
In my first go, Bismark attacked very early and took my Uluru city and Pacha attacked and took my El Dorado city. Didn't even make it past T100. I restarted and this time when Germany attacked I bribed Japan to DoW them. And when the Inca attacked I bribed Austria to DoW them. Germany still took my Uluru city but Austria prevented Pacha from taking my El Dorado city. I was then able to focus on Germany and was able to recapture Uluru city and go on to take Hamburg and Berlin.

Everyone was attacking everyone so I decided to go for a Dom Victory. I was able to take Japan's capital fairly easily because the Shoshone were also at war with them. And Austria took the Inca capital. So the Inca, Germany and Japan are essentially out of the game.

Now I have a decision to make. Pocotello backstabbed me a while back but I was able to fight him off. I've liberated some Japanese cities that Pocotello took to provide a buffer between us on the east. And I made peace a few turns ago because I finally was able to liberate M Kongo and I need time to recover.

However, now Austria is at war with the Shoshone and she is the superpower of the game. I was planning on DoWing Pocotello soon after the peace treaty expired and drive to Moson Kahni with my navy heading there too. I'm not sure I can take Austria by myself though; they are far ahead. So now I'm thinking I should attack Austria and help out Pocotello, saving him for last.

If anyone reading this has a suggestion about which option - who to attack - would be best, I'd welcome it. And @ElDudio Was everyone as aggressive in your game? Every single AI seems to have rolled the max on agression.

Spoiler Map T205 :
T205 Choice.jpg

Spoiler Demographics - Austria's power :
T205 Stats.jpg

Top Bottom