1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Most stable/fewest OOS error modmods?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by ZenCloud, Oct 26, 2019.

1. ZenCloud

ZenCloud Chieftain

Hey all, hope you're all doing well.
    I've tried my hand at some of the FFH modmods in these threads but was wondering what some of you consider to be the most 'stable' and why. I play through Direct IP Connection with a friend and the only thing that stops us are the dreaded OOS errors. Thanks for your time :D

2. lfgr

lfgr King

More Naval AI and Extramodmod should both have very few OOS errors. When Terkhen stopped developing extramodmod, AFAIK there was only one known OOS, which was non-reproducible (which makes it harder to fix, but easier to avoid, as you just have to reload).
    For my recent updates for these two modmods, see here and here. If you find an OOS error, feel free to report it in the respective thread.
    I haven't tested multiplayer since I restarted development, so you might want to use the old extramodmod, although I won't provide support for that one.

There's also the Erebus in the Balance mod on realmsbeyond. It is designed for multiplayer, so I'd assume it has few OOS. On the other hand, they seem to do mostly PBEM and Pitboss over there, so I don't really know; you'll have to try it.

I saw you already posted in the MagisterModMod thread. The only other active modmod I know of is Ashes of Erebus where the state of multiplayer seems unclear. But I'm sure @black_imperator is happy to help you if you encounter OOS errors, as they mentioned in the thread.

3. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

We're not great with oos at the moment in the most recent version. I didn't have the tools to test them until recently, but i'm starting to get to them. The latest stable version is reasonable in terms of OOS