Most Unappreciated Wonder

Point13

Like a ton of bricks!
by this, i don't mean like in Civ 3. I just mean something really incredible that doesn't get the attention it deserves

I gotta go with Angkor Wat
sadly now it's being looted to buy weapons used in the purges of Cambodia, has anybody seen the pictures of all those skulls on the mounment outside Phenm Pheh?

Millenium Dome. It's a wonder they ever built it, and it's certainly the least appreciated of famous landmarks.

The English channel tunnel. It was a pretty big achievment.

I don't know. I don't know if this is a wonder or not, but I've gotta say the Bighorn Mountain Range. Especially Teepee Pole Flats.
If you don't count that as a wonder, I might say, the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse at the Outer Banks. :D

The Great Dam built by the Saba culture in what is now Yemen- I believe it was around 100AD. If I remember correctly it irrigated a huge area of desert and was a key point in making the Saba one of the major powers in the middle east before the rise of Islam.

Crystal Pallace, not because I class it as a wonder... but because I class it a great deal more impressive than many of the other things that are considered wonders.

That site about Newgrange is a little economical with the truth. Firstly, it claims Newgrange to be 1000 years older than Stonehenge, which is rubbish. It might be 1000 years older than the final repositioning of stones at Stonehenge, but the henge had already been there for 2000 years before that. It also overlooks the fact that the massive timber posts found there suggests that Stonehenge was a major site going back as far as a staggering 8000 BC.

It also fails to mention that Newgrange has been heavily (and controversially) restored.

Top Bottom