Most under-rated band ever?

As the title implies, this thread is about BANDS. Not individual musicians such as Bob Dylan or Eric Clapton.

I personally nominate Harvey Danger to be the most under-rated band in the world, though I know a LOT of you would strongly disagree. I also know that a lot of you like to attack my musical opinions because you have nothing better to do with your lives, and that's fine, as long as this dosen't turn into a flame war.

As to why I chose Harvey Danger, a band that most of you probably haven't even heard of? For that very reason! No one has heard of them, yet they make awesome music. The only hit the band has ever had was "flagpole sitta" which was quite a masterpiece if I may say so for myself. But there good music is nowhere near limited to flagpole sitta. They have loads of good music, and are certainly a band worth checking out.

Who do YOU think is the most under rated band of all time?

Brokencyde. Kidding, kidding.

The Psychedelic Furs and Curiosity Killed The Cat.

I've never heard of any of those bands:lol:. Although this is a "most under rated band ever" thread, so that is exactly what I should expect.

Could you go into more elaborate detail as to why you like those bands so much? What is the style of music they play? Any particular songs by those two groups you really like?

New Model Army, no question. Punk/post-punk/acoustic punk (they varied), started in the early 80s. Fairly popular for a time, and still with a cult following, but criminally under-rated. Still, they got in the new for including instructions to build a nuke in one of their singles, so that's something. :p

Link to video.

Link to video.

Link to video.

Tons of studio bands. For instance, whoever worked with Serge Gainsbourg throughout the years deserves a ton of credit.

Is Harvey Danger so underrated that they haven't been ripped off by Cold Play yet?

Not only is this flaming, but it dosen't even make since. Why would you not want to rip off a band just because they are under-rated? Some of the best music in the world is extremely under-rated, while some of the worst music in the world is way over-rated such as Justin Beiber music. If anything, it's better to rip off a band that is under-rated because then no one knows who you ripped off. Again, not only are you flaming me, but your logic fails.

In any case, like I said before in this thread "I know that a lot of you like to attack my musical opinions because you have nothing better to do with your lives, and that's fine, as long as this dosen't turn into a flame war."

Check out my post count. I dare you. *waits for you to do so*

As to why it's so low? Because I"m to busy jamming to REAL music, with my guitar and piano, while you guys just type away on your computers, hating on everyone with different taste than yourselves.

And just for the record, I suggest you actually check out Harvey Danger music before making jokes about them.

Tons of studio bands. For instance, whoever worked with Serge Gainsbourg throughout the years deserves a ton of credit.

And even Serge Gainsbourg himself must be at least somewhat under-rated because I've never heard of him, and I know a LOT of bands/musicians. What are some of his best songs?

And even Serge Gainsbourg himself must be at least somewhat under-rated because I've never heard of him, and I know a LOT of bands/musicians. What are some of his best songs?

Not underrated, just on the other side of the Atlantic ;)

Also, mods tend to dislike two posts in a row, so I'd suggest using the multiquote button next time.

Not underrated, just on the other side of the Atlantic ;)

Also, mods tend to dislike two posts in a row, so I'd suggest using the multiquote button next time.

If I could just delete that second post, I would.

I may check out Harvey Danger. Certainly can't be worse than Luke Warm.

Never heard of them. and @ traitorfish: your videos are all blocked in my country. :confused:

References have expiration dates?

He's not making a reference to the famous lawsuit we all know about. He's making a reference to one of my threads that is super old, and he only does because he thinks it somehow gets on my nerves that he does it.

You have to understand, that he is basically only doing this to bother me. It's not about hating coldplay, it's about hating me.

edit: @ traitorfish. Fine, it's trolling then.
Moderator Action: Trolling.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Dear god if there is one thing Serge isnt it's underrated.

Top Bottom