• Catalunya, Lithuania, or any other unplayable

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Any at all

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

micbic

Optimistic Pessimist
Since it seems there is some friction between playtesters about which civ is the most under-represented, and could lead to flaming, we ask you all, which civ is really weaker than it should be? Have your go at the comments, and vote in the poll. ;)

*EDIT* Me busted! Forgot to add BOTH Ottomans+Austria!!! And you can't edit a poll, can you... so if your vote should go to one of the two, vote other... sorry.

I voted for Portugal and Netherlands. They NEVER build any colonies and mostly end up being a vassal or crushed by their neighbours.

Portugal should get a few more starting techs, and maybe make the AI more willing to research all those shipbuilding techs.

Netherlands should be starting with Trading Companies. Yes, its a challenging UHV for the human player, but the AI is just totally worthless, has absolutely no impact on the game.

Err yes, they are rather anonymous, so I forgot to add them ;)

How many times can i vote? Cos surprisingly i dont just pity Byzantium

Only 1, sorry.

I voted Kievan Rus; although it's not that they're weak but that they're uninvolved in the dynamics of the game, as are some other civs.

I also voted "any other unplayable" because I think some areas could be some more population. There isn't enough overlapping between civilizations, or so I feel.

Norse, it is silly that the Norse have worse stats then Poland.

I actually like playing as the Norse. Fun UHV, great location, they got it all. In most of my games, the Norse is in the top five if not in the top three. On the other hand, Poland is Europe's punching bag. While it is true the Dutch and Portugal are rather weak (I have not seen a single game in which either one of them is not a vassal), Poland is pitiful. The land sucks, their neighbors are complete :):):):):):):)s (I'm looking at you Germany), and they're so far behind in the tech tree that I have never seen them use their UU before their collapse. But all of that could be written off as part of the challenge of playing Poland if it wasn't for their UHV.

Well other than the excluding of Austria and Ottomans, i think this is a very fair way to silence much unneeded argument on the feedback thread.

Maybe thats why some guy who claims to speak for the most under-represented civs in the game is suddenly so quiet ;)

I voted for Byzantium and Poland. I would have voted for Austria too if they were on the list. Byzantium for obvious reasons, yes they have very good research rate, but they cant defend themselves for nuts, even from the plague, etc etc etc... Austria becos they are pretty darn weak too, and Poland becos they are just SO SAD. SO SO SAD. I think im gonna jump from supporting Byzantium to supporting Poland soon.

P.S. my previous question meant, "how many civs can i choose when i vote?", and the answer turned out to be "as many as you wish" haha

Since it seems there is some friction between playtesters about which civ is the most under-represented, and could lead to flaming, we ask you all, which civ is really weaker than it should be? Have your go at the comments, and vote in the poll. ;)

*EDIT* Me busted! Forgot to add BOTH Ottomans+Austria!!! And you can't edit a poll, can you... so if your vote should go to one of the two, vote other... sorry.

At least you didn't forget Poland

With 22 votes on, Poland is considered the weaker civ, with 8 votes. I pity them, not included in RFC, weakest in RFCE... :D

Iberia seemingly needs some balancing. Portugal is second with 7. Cordoba is middle of the pack, and Spain has none. Apparently we need to make Portugal able to challenge the Cordobans for some of their territories, and to defend from the Spanish.

If you wanted/want to vote for Austria or Turkey, please state it.

EDIT: 5 (!!!!) votes have gone to the Papal States... interesting. Making them more influential would be a dynamic change.

I'd like to conquer Rome, but I don't know if that would break the Catholic bonus mechanic.

Right now I am playing Cordoba. They are overpowered.

Unless the AI plays Cordoba. Then it fails utterly.

If Portugal settled some islands it might be something to compete with.

Settling the Azores and Madeira would definitely help Portugal

If you wanted/want to vote for Austria or Turkey, please state it.

Turkey is one of the strongest civs in the game, so I doubt anybody would vote for it. However, as Austria is one of the weakest civs in the game, missing it falsifies the poll. Anyways I vote for it.

Turkey is one of the strongest civs in the game, so I doubt anybody would vote for it.

But Turkey is muslim, so IT IS WEAK NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY, AND SHOULD BE MADE STRONGER ;)

P.S. Irony intended

EDIT: NEW IDEA! How about a new poll, "Which religion is the most under-represented/weakened in the game?" In my opinion, Orthodoxy is pretty weak and needs to be made stronger, BUT i will like to know if other people share my views first before making stupid statements! :)

besides, I will also like to see if Islam is really as underpowered as *someone* will like to have us believe.

Ironic or not, please stop it, this is not the place for personal attacks.

Like I said in another thread, if you want a islamic threat against Europe then the Ottomans should be stronger. But just compared to other civs the Ottomans are a bit too strong. It depends on if you see the mod primary as christianity vs islam.

Top Bottom