Most unrealistic battle loss

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by jc011, Nov 17, 2001.

1. jc011

jc011 Rider of Rohan

What is the most unrealistic loss you have come across?

mine would definetly be my elite modern armour losing to a spearman!!! :eek: :eek: How is this possible!!!

2. Wazu

Wazu Chieftain

It's not impossible. You just have to have really good spears and really strong arms, and have cat-like speed and reflexes.

3. CoolLizy

CoolLizy King

Easy! They wait for you to shoot all your ammo, then rush you. It's actually not all that rare a tactic. Either that or what Wazu said.

EDIT: Oh, you said an armor! I thought you said infantry. Well, in that case they just dug a pit and your generals idioticly thought your tanks could fly, or your generals decided not to drive around that muddy field that ultimatly led to their demise. Did I hear someone say court marshall? :lol: :crazyeyes :D

4. Terser

Terser Anti-tank Spearman

Foolish manchild, you opened the tank driver's obslit, and I shoved my spear right through the opening and into your gaping mouth!:tank: :satan:

5. Juize

Juize Deity

Elite Warrior attacks against my regular Tank and wins --> doen't lose any of tiles!
    Holy ÄÄÄÄing ÄÄÄÄ!

In Civ2 it was annoying when u usually winned with vet swordsman against armor...
    So I changed the stats of Armor & other modern units.
    (Armor was something like 30-15-2/3HP/3FP/Alpine)

6. jc011

jc011 Rider of Rohan

:lol: :lol: i can just see a spearman jostling a tanks wheels.... while the tank is shooting over the spearmans head.. :lol:

7. pcgamez

pcgamez Chieftain

how the heck did me elite cruiser get killed by that Frigate? NOT realistically possible...

8. ChickinSht

ChickinSht Small woodland creature

It is quite possible. Assuming the people using the modern weaponry were idoits. Reference: Italy vs Ethiopia.

9. FenrysWulf

FenrysWulf Evil Norse Wolf

I've suffered many humiliating losses, but one thing I have noticed is that the computer sometimes decides that you Must lose a battle. I've saved before I attacked, then lost, then reloaded and attacked with someone else, etc. No matter where you attack and with what, you will lose. After you lose once it will let you win again though. Sometimes you just have to sacrifice a unit for the greater good.

10. WarandPeace

WarandPeace Warlord

It's true. The same goes for every battle, whether you win or lose, with predetermined fate.

11. Juize

Juize Deity

Maybe they (spearmen) we're drunk and accidently discovered Molotov Cocktail? :D

12. CoolLizy

CoolLizy King

Loading a saved game also loads the last number in the random number generater. That is why it is "pre-determained."

13. Magnus

Magnus Diplocat

I know this isnt exactly a miracle, but I had a regular longbowman get lost in the plains during war, and an enemy knight charged down a mountain and the longbowman somehow won the battle. I had given him up for dead.

I don't mind the silly luck factor because it goes both ways - like a ref's make-up on a blown call. :D

14. Kiki

Kiki Chieftain

Doesn't a modern tank have a machine gun too? I mean, the cannon is not their only weapon, that is why they have a machine gun so it can engage enemies at close range and the cannon for long range.

15. Galen Dietenger

Galen Dietenger Chieftain

Mine would have to been loseing 3 submarines to the same ironclad. What really pissed me off was the clad took no damage at all from my 3 subs. Mine, however, were promptly destroyed

16. FM_Freyland

FM_Freyland Vote with your wallets!

I invaded the Germans with 12 infantry (6-10). I intentionally placed them on a hill (defensive bonus), knowing I was going to be swarmed. Was attacked by Cavaliers (6-3). I lost almost every exchange. WTF? My "number" was 4 higher than his, and I had the hill to boot. To add insult to injury, I rarely hurt the cavs.

Jonathan

17. Buecephalus

Buecephalus Bolo Mark XXV

My worst defeat was when I had some modern armor moving across a flood plain when a swarm of Iriquois scouts came out of the hills and beat them to death with their ... uh ...compass?

Okay, maybe not that bad, but some pretty whacked $%!^ has happened. I did have a group of regular swordsman take out a stack of 3 marines fortified on a hill and then there was the time a galley killed my Destroyer, apparently it's crew had their wheaties that morning.

"Hey man, In case you haven't been keepin' score, we just got our @sses kicked!"

18. jc011

jc011 Rider of Rohan

ARGH!!! one of my nuclear subs got destroyed by one of those things that shoot arrows!! the second they hit the water they're useless!!

oh yeah, i love it when my tanks lose, they crumble apart as if they were made of cardboard :rolleyes:

19. ACM

ACM Civfanatic

hehehe
    well, there's always the "Kill the crew" thing, where the spearmen attack the Tank's crew late at night when they're all drunk.
    Sometimes the guy with the machine gun at the transport can shoot all the Battleship's crew and board the empty battleship and sink it. Imagine: "Come on guys, let's go to the deck, there's a dude with a machine gun killin' everyone !!!".

20. he510541

he510541 Chieftain

Try this,

Once I was really destroyed. Picture this, in the year 1790, 20 or so cavalry closing on my last city, which was only defended by one Hoplite. I WON!!! No damage at all.

Of course, I lost the game, but it took to 1850. This can't be all bad.