Most Wonderous Cities In The World!!!!

Never played America, so I can't tell about these cities but in Europe it most probably

Rome
Constantinople
Paris
Kiev

These cities rock, but I mean what do you expect, they are the foundament of entire civilizations :)

One of the biggest cities I've ever had was Montevideo (31 or 32 I think).:)

One of the biggest cities I've ever had was Montevideo (31 or 32 I think).:)

Montevideo might have the highest food potential of any city; it's definitely one of the big powerhouses. The Spanish AI likes to found both Montevideo and Buenos Aires within each other's BFCs, and I'm not sure that's wrong. Both are exquisite city sites, and coastal for massive trade.

Denver is the best city site in the entire game, hands down. But some sites are better simply for being available earlier. Kiev is the most obvious.

Montevideo might have the highest food potential of any city; it's definitely one of the big powerhouses. The Spanish AI likes to found both Montevideo and Buenos Aires within each other's BFCs, and I'm not sure that's wrong. Both are exquisite city sites, and coastal for massive trade.

Chicago can grow to 42. I got it to 39 before I decided to finish my French domination attempt. I think Chicago can grow larger than Montevideo because there is less water and more land to level with irrigation.

I'm going to say Baghdad & Cairo just because I love floodplains :p

I haven't done a specific analysis, but I've found Nicea to be a very good city, especially if Corinth is founded instead of Athens (so nothing overlaps).

Only problem with Nicea is that it'll flip to the Turks, unlike Constantinople.

The best city I've seen so far is this one in China, don't remember the name though. Guangzhou, maybe, I'm not sure. I just know that it was inland southern China in between all of the resources available there. For me it grew to be a massive 34 city, the biggest I've seen yet.

Other great ones are Denver, Chicago, Kiev, 1 tile north of Parsa, Central Turkey(don't remember name, east of the ottoman capitol), Constantinople, Beijing, Hanoi, etc. There are probably a bunch more that I'm just not remembering though. But those I'd have to say are really good spots!

I believe it's Guiyang then, didn't make sure. Also, Chongjin is surprisingly strong city site. It's in northern Manchuria, right on top of the Iron resource. If you improve all the nearby food resources and put a few farms here and there (bonus points for Biology), you might be surprised how big it eventually becomes, despite looking like a plain, boring city site. What makes it more useful than your average Japanese/Chinese city is that its production probably reaches a higher level than most other cities in the nearby area. I know I had more straight-forward use for Chongjin in my 1.180 Japanese game than Qufu and Hangzhou, although I founded it about 500-700 years after capturing the two Chinese cities.

Mmm, there's a couple city locations that would beat some of these, yet aren't being listed. I think it's because you have to be Inca to enjoy them.

Mmm, there's a couple city locations that would beat some of these, yet aren't being listed. I think it's because you have to be Inca to enjoy them.

And yet he doesn't name them, :mischief:

The best Inca I can think of (in Inca spawn/respawn area) is Quitu...but that's not that great...good, but not great.

While not the *best* site in the world, in my one Russian game I was impressed by Enisejsk in Eastern Siberia. It has "just" a cow, a fur and a uranium, but of its 20 BFC tiles, 18 are grasslands, and the other two plains, so all workable, 13 are on rivers, and 6 are hills. Not bad. It's not coveted by anybody, unless you count the Mongols, but you can found it long before they get interested in it, and with its huge amounts of forests on top of its very significant internal production, it can produce all the defenders it needs to stop any Mongol force dead. And on top of that, it counts as being on a separate continent, earning you extra trade that more than makes up for the slight distance penalty from being far from Moscow. It was my biggest producer in the end.

Cheers, Luke

Top Bottom