1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mountain building help.

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Donovan Du Bois, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Donovan Du Bois

Donovan Du Bois Chieftain

Hi everyone.
    I'm working on a dwarven civ. And I was going to give them a unique ability to build mines on mountains, I wanted to know if anyone had done anything like the before so I could take a look at the code. Anyone ever seen anything like that before?

2. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

IIRC, WHoward has published a mountain tunneling mod (build tunnel through a mountain). Don't think that included any yield from the mountain tile -- just makes the mountain passable -- but may be useful.

3. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

You'll going to run into all kinds of issues trying to do this. Mountains are not terrains or features, but plot types, so there are no base tables for adding yields to them. Similarly there are no simple ways to specify builds (eg mines) for them. Even if you manage to overcome those hurdles, the DLL is hard coded to inflict 50 (or 5 for vanilla) hit points of damage per turn to any unit that ends its turn on a mountain, so you'll either have to build the mine instantaneously or loop over all units and give them their hit points back at the start of the turn (which looks weird as you get lots of -50, +50 floating numbers). TBH you're into the realm of DLL modding to get these kind of effects that play well.

4. Donovan Du Bois

Donovan Du Bois Chieftain

That's a little disappointing. Is there a way to increase :c5gold: yields from specific improvements then? for instance making them create +1 :c5gold: on every Gold, Silver, and Gem mine?

5. snarko

snarko DLLer

There is a Trait_ImprovementYieldChanges table, but it doesn't allow you to do it only for certain resources. Building_ResourceYieldChanges allows you to do it for specific resources*, but not specific improvements. I don't know of any way of doing it for a specific improvement on a specific resource, short of making your own improvement with different yields.

*For some reason culture and faith have their own tables, Building_ResourceCultureChanges and Building_ResourceFaithChanges.