Mountain Island Resource

theRUFFIAN

Chieftain
Just wondering if there’s any way to snag this iron resource. Located on a two square island, both squares are mountains so I can’t build a city there. Is there some method such as, say, a colony and an airfield that would grant me access to the iron?

Just wondering if there’s any way to snag this iron resource. Located on a two square island, both squares are mountains so I can’t build a city there. Is there some method such as, say, a colony and an airfield that would grant me access to the iron?
No, unfortunately not.

Airfields only allow air-unit basing, airlifting and airdropping, they don't act as air-trade nodes.

Last edited:
In a modified game you could allow to plant forests on mountains. Thereby the mountains under the forest are converted into grassland. :crazyeye:

Only way is by modding CIV3 with the editor

Allow roadbuilding at sea (bridges) and either wake up workers at a ship or create a seaworker. At the mountain island a worker has to build a colony for connection.

Interesting Screenshots

This works only for human players as the KI has no clue what to do with a workers at sea.

Oh... and sea cities work too, but can never be defended or captured by the human player (the KI can both :eek: ) !

In a modified game you could allow to plant forests on mountains. Thereby the mountains under the forest are converted into grassland. :crazyeye:
In a modified game, the quickest/ simplest solution would probably be to make Mountains Settle-able, like they are in the Firaxis Mesoamerica Conquest.

That way, all you'd need to do would be to drop off a Settler, build your Iron-Town, and then rush a Harbor.

As opposed to dropping off Workers, Foresting the Mountain, chopping the Mountain down, and then landing your Settler on the new Grassland, founding your town, and rushing your Harbor.

Top Bottom