Mouse hover tooltip not working

jdevo

Chieftain
The information panel that pops up when you hover over the terrain,a technology, a building, or a resource isn't working at all. Makes the game difficult to play when you have to check the civlapedia just to see what a tech or building does.

Anyone run into this issue? I'm running bootcamp on a Mac, wonder if that's the issue.

I get all the tooltips when I first start a game but as soon as I left-click, only the resource and city tooltips will appear on the map. It didn't used to be that way but I don't know what change I might have made to plottooltip.lua and/or plottooltip.xml that messed things up. If anyone can post their original version 1.0.0.26 of these files, that'd be great, thanks.

Last edited:
No need to post files (copyright and such). Just recalibrate your game files through Steam. It will automatically redownload any changed or corrupted files.

No need to post files (copyright and such). Just recalibrate your game files through Steam. It will automatically redownload any changed or corrupted files.
Why would there be copyright for LUA and XML files? That's silly.

Every game file is covered by copyright. I can't tell if you're just being argumentative or if you can't validate files through Steam. Do you need instructions on how to do that, or might you be playing with a pirated copy of the game? If so, you should know that we have a strict anti-piracy policy on this site.

Top Bottom