Mouse not clicking on extended monitor

ggalindo001

Warlord
I have a laptop with an extended monitor. In windowed mode, when game is running on laptop monitor, no issues with registering mouse clicks (move units, select, etc.). When game is moved to extended monitor, mouse clicks are not registered -- can move mouse and everything else is working except mouse clicks.

Anyone successfully play on an extended monitor?

I had some issue a bit like it, i have a dual monitor setup. One game I couldn't click on anything. A restart of the game solved it though.

Thanks -- tried that and it didn't work. I've tried just about everything -- reducing resolution, re-establishing the extended monitor setup, etc. It is weird as I have never had a problem with any other application/game like this, and don't have a problem with any other steam game or app registering clicks on the extended monitor.

I might try with a different laptop later today just to eliminate the possibility that it may be an issue with my primary laptop.

...and found a temporary fix. Extended monitor needs to be considered "Monitor 1" -- which is suitable for me for the moment.

Maybe try making the extended monitor a copy of your laptops monitor and then shut the lid of laptop, so you basicly run a single monitor.

edit: great to hear. a bit similar to what i was thinking

Maybe try making the extended monitor a copy of your laptops monitor and then shut the lid of laptop, so you basicly run a single monitor.

edit: great to hear. a bit similar to what i was thinking

But then how could I also monitor how others were doing on day 1 :lol:

Enjoying the game so far -- on Emperor, lost in 22 turns to Norway as China -- I was exploring and they came with 4 warriors and just crushed me. Embarrassing.

I fixed my issues with 4k by putting it in borderless window mode, closing the game, starting it up again and then changing to fullscreen.
I'm not sure why that works but it fixes other games too.

I have the same problem, when i am in windowed mode and move the game window to the 2-nd monitor i cannot click anything in the game window. As a side note - I learned that when in fullscreen mode i cannot watch a movie on the 2-nd one because vlc crashes - same happens in Overwatch, so i will just accept that.

I get this issue too, except I only have 1 monitor on the desktop PC I play on. The first time I launch the game after not playing for a few hours the buttons to confirm or cancel for deleting a save, loading a save or the launch button for creating a new game can't be clicked. If I exit to desktop and immediately relaunch the game those buttons all work fine. Alt-tabbing out then back in also fixes this issue.

This problem just started a few days ago.

I'm running Windows 10 Home 64 bit. I think there was a windows update just before this issue cropped up.

Top Bottom