Mouse-over bug ?

Captain Pugwash

Warlord
I attached a save from my recent game. I am playing as Dutch and have recently started the WoI.

When I mouse-over the settlement "Fort Orange" it shows that the tile contains ONE soldier (and a load of Dragoons and other stuff). However, I know that there are more soldiers in that settlement. When I left-click on the "Fort Orange" settlement tile, it shows that there are 4 soldiers in there which is correct.

I think it is a bug that the mouse-over shows the wrong number of units in the tile. It's quite important to me because I rely heavily on knowing exactly where my units are in the battle stage.

Attachments

• L2L003bug.ColonizationSave
    183.4 KB · Views: 76
Good pickup! The bug is that for multiples of units it is showing unit type, not profession. You'll notice it says: Free colonist (3) meaning there are 3 free colonists (who happen to be your soldiers).

I'll add it to the patch list. :)

After looking at the code, I'm not calling this a bug. The game is grouping by unitType, and it is working properly.

If it were to group by professions, it would not be efficient as you could have 5 free colonists with different profession, which wouldn't group them and cause screen overflow. :)

In mouse-over, I want a full list of individual units by profession. If they are grouped then I can't see individual promotions.

Nice in theory, but how do you propose that works with 30 units in the tile? :)

Top Bottom