mouse pointer in the game disappears???

the_boneman

Chieftain
First of all, I have A Radeon 9000 64mb video card. because its a laptop i installed drivers version ATI-MobRadeon-M9_V6.13.10.6178 (made specially for amiloD laptop)

Ok so now my problem If you don't move the mouse, the pointer in the game disappears. But if you move the mouse, the pointer will flicker as you move the pointer. I am still able to play the game, except for the flickering pointer.
I had the same problem with age of empires III and age of mythology, but i could undo the flickering by alt-tabbing (dont believe thats a real word but...) the game. the flickering then stoppen. Allas this doesnt work for civIV.
So i looked for a way to get the standard windows mouse in the game (I read a solution for AoE Go to the gfxconfig folder in your aom folder and locate the gfx file for your card. I have the radeon 9000 pro, so I used radeon.gfx. There are some others for specific radeons so look around. Open in notepad and change the value win32Cursor=1 to win32Cursor=0. )
Is something like this possible for civIV, or mabey some other solution to this problem??

the_boneman said:
First of all, I have A Radeon 9000 64mb video card. because its a laptop i installed drivers version ATI-MobRadeon-M9_V6.13.10.6178 (made specially for amiloD laptop)

Ok so now my problem If you don't move the mouse, the pointer in the game disappears. But if you move the mouse, the pointer will flicker as you move the pointer. I am still able to play the game, except for the flickering pointer.
I had the same problem with age of empires III and age of mythology, but i could undo the flickering by alt-tabbing (dont believe thats a real word but...) the game. the flickering then stoppen. Allas this doesnt work for civIV.
So i looked for a way to get the standard windows mouse in the game (I read a solution for AoE Go to the gfxconfig folder in your aom folder and locate the gfx file for your card. I have the radeon 9000 pro, so I used radeon.gfx. There are some others for specific radeons so look around. Open in notepad and change the value win32Cursor=1 to win32Cursor=0. )
Is something like this possible for civIV, or mabey some other solution to this problem??

I got your answer!!!

Step 1. Open the start menu (On windows, not civ)
Step 2. Click Control Panel.
Step 3. Open Display
Step 4. When it has opened click the tab that says: "Settings"
Step 5. Once that has opened, in the bottom right corner there should be a button saying: "Advanced" click this.
Step 6. When that has opened click the tab that reads: "Troubleshoot"
Step 7. In the middle of the screen should be a slider, move this so it is at the "Full" end of the slider.

Good luck!

I tried what Undertaker suggested, I still have the same problem as boneman :/

Soz it didn't work, maybe a solution will come soon. I used to have a pointer problem with loads of my games, and that worked. Looks like civ is a bit different.

Try shifting that slider around to different places, that might work too.

tried the slider, but didnt effect it. went to the ati site to see what the latest drivers where, but could only find common catalyst drivers (which i knew didn't agree with my laptop), so did a google search, and found drivers 6.14 instead of my 6.13. upon installing (really didn't expect it to differ), i got a lot more options in my display settings, so turned all setings to high-preformance and it worked!!!! no more blinking mouse :) :)

thnx for the help

greets,
one happy civver

the_boneman said:
tried the slider, but didnt effect it. went to the ati site to see what the latest drivers where, but could only find common catalyst drivers (which i knew didn't agree with my laptop), so did a google search, and found drivers 6.14 instead of my 6.13. upon installing (really didn't expect it to differ), i got a lot more options in my display settings, so turned all setings to high-preformance and it worked!!!! no more blinking mouse :) :)

thnx for the help

greets,
one happy civver

I'll remeber this incase it doesn't work when i get civ 4!!

:band: My 200th Thread!! :band:

I had a similar problem on my new Vaio laptop, which is running the preliminary version of Windows Vista. On intuition, I did the following:

1) Open: CONTROL PANEL
2) Select: Mouse Pointers
3) Disable ALL ancillary pointer behavior (e.g. shadows, trails, non-default pointer shapes, precision enhancement, Snap-To, Hide-pointer-while-typing... EVERYTHING! Just to be sure!)
4) Run Civ.
5) Enjoy!

First time ever really giving something back to the community, here. I hope this helps someone down the line.

Top Bottom