Move Capital

FramedArchitect

Reluctant Modder
Allows you to move the Capital to any of your cities.

Download
Move Capital (v.10).

Features
* Move your capital as often as you like.
* Increases in cost with each owned city, like other National Wonders.
* Plunges Empire into a short period of anarchy.

Compatibility
* Vanilla, GnK, BNW
* Most mods, as long as they include some type of Capital building.

Attachments

• MovePalace02.jpg
    MovePalace02.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 900
  • MovePalace03.jpg
    MovePalace03.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 689
since so many effects and boni are locked to your capital I find it is silly that you are stuck with your first founded city. I think this is a very important mod, thank you! :)

Does this change the cannot raze the capital rule too?
Is it possible to raze your former capital, while not the new one?

Unless he modified the DLL source code it is very unlikely, as the game stores the original capital as a set of XY co-ordinates (which does not seem mutable through LUA, at least from what I can tell frm CvLuaCity.cpp)

This is an interesting question. It's been a while since I tested this, but iirc any city to which the palace is moved is not considered the "original capital" and thus can be razed as per normal game rules. However, all the capital attributes do travel with the palace -- including any great works, if there are any.

So... it can prevent a domination victory?(!)

No. You would have to capture the city that was the original capital, which is still on the map unless you have OneCityChallenge turned on.

Changing your capital (i.e. "moving your palace") does not change the fact that the city at co-ordinates X and Y was the original capital of a civilization. The data for this is stored separately in the game engine, and to my knowledge is not mutable (i.e. you can't change it) unless you implement a setter function for it.

Does the AI know how and when to use this?
I'll probably be using this mod regardless but it'll be great if they do.

Does the AI know how and when to use this?
I'll probably be using this mod regardless but it'll be great if they do.

The AI will use this mod, though it is not a complex script. They will move their capital to a city that is larger than the current capital and also the largest city in the empire. Since moving the capital is tied to Wonder flavor, civs that don't prioritize wonders won't move the capital very often, if ever. Note that human player can move the capital to any city they want, as often as they like. I warn you that this AI behavior can get slightly annoying when you lose your diplomat status. ^^

No, not at all. The original capital remains still to capture. I suppose if you are using modded civs the human player may have a hard time distinguishing that original capital, because of unfamiliarity with names.

Move Capital (v 7)
Although this is not a problem, there is a strange building in the Civilopedia.

Attachments

• MC.jpg
    MC.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 432
Top Bottom