1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Move out of the way, Sidon Pikeman!!

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by OmniPotent42, Aug 21, 2012.

1. danieladler

danieladler Warlord

The CS still builds roads within their borders to meet your road. In my most recent and ongoing game i had this frustration with cs units blocking my worker. A few turns later though, the cs had built a road to meet me and wham!... connected. So i dont know what have caused the misunderstanding that this have changed with G&K.

2. Tachii

Tachii Procrastinator

Never happened to me unless the CS is trying to make road for another AI civ, just by coincidence there was a road quest with you as well.

3. Plumfairy

Plumfairy Prince

I'm almost positive the AI get the same CS quests that we do. As you play, you'll notice that occasionally an AI will ally with a CS, then the alliance will end the very next turn... which is the same thing that happens to us if we complete certain quests, but don't do anything else to make the CS happy.

4. Harv72b

Harv72b Prince

I had a road quest in a recent game, but I'd planned ahead for this one...I was the only major power bordering that CS & knew eventually they'd want a road, so I angled one of my intercity connectors as close to the city state as possible without building extra road tiles. Sure enough, they eventually ask me to build the road & I only need to construct two more hexes' worth, both inside their borders.

Zip over to build the first one, then a CS worker appears and starts mining the hill that I need to build the other road on (ocean on one side, lake on the other). I figure I can wait it out, their worker finishes the mine, and then immediately removes it and starts building a farm. Oookay.

Finishes the farm, and guess what? Immediately removes the farm & starts work on a mine again. This goes on for more than 100 turns (standard speed)! :wallbash:

Luckily it turns out that hill had coal in it, so once the CS techs up it leaves the most recent mine in place & I managed to sneak in and (finally) complete the quest.

5. Light Cleric

Light Cleric ElCee/LC/El Cid

They do. You've never conquered an AI city and seen it with a road to a city-state?

6. ense7en

ense7en n7

It's ridiculous. They sit on the one place i need to make the road and never move. Forever. Finally i decided on a different strategy since they wouldn't let me hook up their requested road: I captured them for their Iron and Sugar since i couldn't get it otherwise... :mischief:

7. seasnake

seasnake Conquistador

The quest should be to the borders of th City State only, that should give you the points.

8. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

That's why you should gift them 200 gold to hook up the resource.:D