movement penalty

chunkymonkey

Procrastinator
Hi guys

I just bought conquests after a long time away from PTW - i now remember how much civ used to govern my life :) - so i'm a bit rusty on all the ins and outs,

anyway i was playing an epic game the other day and i noticed some funny things happening with respect to attacking an AI unit with a 1/3 of a movement point left (after i've been travelling on a road to slay the infidel). Sometimes, battles that I should win (say, an infantry against an unfortified pikeman), my infantry unit loses, and the pikeman walks away unscathed :mad: , yet sometimes in the same situation i can attack an infantry with an infantry with only a 1/3 of a movement point left and win without losing any HP :confused: I seem to remember that having fractions of movement points mattered in CivII or maybe it was CTP, and i know i should read the manual again but frankly i can't be bothered. anyone know if there is a road penalty of some kind?

There is no movement penalty in Civ III, although there was in Civ II as you said :)
I wouldn't bother reading the manual btw, as alot of the stuff in it is wrong...

It mattered in CivII and SMAC. Anyone recall about CivI?

What, tangentially, is annoying me is that you can't see how much movement units have left with complete resolution - Ive lost many a unit because I thought it had one full movement point left when it only had 1/3.

It mattered in CivII and SMAC. Anyone recall about CivI

Definatly did not in Civ 1. I remember being iratated by it until I got used to it.

What, tangentially, is annoying me is that you can't see how much movement units have left with complete resolution - Ive lost many a unit because I thought it had one full movement point left when it only had 1/3

I agree. What is worse however is that when you move a stack with units with different amounts of movements points left, it willl tell you that it will make it as far as the one with most movements points, but only move them as far as the one with with least, and use up the remaining moves of all of them!

Definately not a freak occurance. A regular infantry attacking a regular Pike only has a 75.8% chance of winning.

Top Bottom