movement priority in own territory

Tekamthi

Emperor
i notice in recent VP the AI now often move on top of each other, and then bump to a free tile.. could this be made to work in favor of whomever owns the tile, for all players (ie including human)? i generally decline open borders just on the basis that I don't want my roads and key tiles all cluttered.. but if I could just "move" a visiting unit aside, that'd be way better

i must admit i also abuse open borders to interfere in AI wars by blocking key tiles sometimes.. occupying a citadel in a war you're not directly involved in can turn the tide in favor of one side or the other completely

i must admit i also abuse open borders to interfere in AI wars by blocking key tiles sometimes.. occupying a citadel in a war you're not directly involved in can turn the tide in favor of one side or the other completely

I like to do this as well. If another civ is attacking a nearby city-state I don't want them to have, I'll park a couple of units adjacent to the city-state to make it harder to siege.

I also noticed this odd behavior of AI.
I saw only once (recent build) me embarking and putting settler on tile on an island. Than during AI turn, a civ move their settler unit on top of mine forcing it off onto nearby land tile.

Next time it happens, I'll save and capture logs. I recommend the same. This is something that needs to be reproduced to be debugged.

i've seen it frequently enough that I assumed it was an intentional pathfinding fix for AI... usually the just-moved unit is the one that bumps to adjacent tile, not the one that was already there
Oh, for the tactical mechanics that have been added? In that case, it's a small price to pay for a much better AI.

Oh, for the tactical mechanics that have been added? In that case, it's a small price to pay for a much better AI.

Totally agree.. just hoping this existing code might be made smarter yet with a quick check for tile owner and/or war status, instead of just bumping last mover AI.. maybe this is a bigger change under the hood than I envision, but would be a nice improvement to some open borders abuse, and QoL at home

I suspect G closed it cuz the behaviour you described is an intended pathfinding change for AI..

Though I'm commenting on the same feature, in this case I'm not saying its a bug so much as there's a possible improved-state to what's implemented, that may only require an additional "if" statement or two in existing code.

Anyway, made a post on git, thanks for considering

Top Bottom