Movies you like, that nobody else likes.

LightSpectra

me autem minui
I really liked the Good Shepherd, though most people found it to be too slow-paced and vague to be a good movie.

Also, Batman & Robin ("Batman on Ice"). It was like a throw-back to the Adam West series, and I thought it was hilarious.

Well, I know a whole bunch of movies (typically older) that none of my peers would know. This is more a product of my peers (highschoolers) not paying attention to anything but older than 5 years than of my depth of knowledge, and that I know some nerdy films.

Anyway, first thought is all the Kubrick films, specifically A Clockwork Orange, that I love but many people would find as too weird.

Manos: Hands of Fate...

I liked Christopher Guest's A Mighty Wind, which is the American folk music version of Spinal Tap. Growing up with folkie parents I found it hysterical, and the music's not bad either.

I am a huge fan of Godzilla movies. Loved 'em as a kid, love 'em now.

And fwiw, I always thought Waterworld was a much better flick than it got credit for. I mean they made a friggin show out of it at Universal Studios...how bad could it have been?

And for the completely zany b movie fan: Bubba Ho-Tep.

Spock and Bigfoot, stop picking popular movies. :mad:

I thought John Carpenter's Vampires: Los Muertos was hilarious, if not exactly a good film.

So far you guys are doing a good job, I could not get into Mighty Wind & Good Shepard at all.

I can't think of any yet.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind... a brilliant movie, probably my number one of this century. also the only movie where Kate Winslet is not only bearable but downright perfectly cast.

Everybody I know hates it/dislikes it / is indifferent.

I genuinely enjoyed The Postman! A 3 hour film based in a post-apocalyptic America where the hero is called to destiny, even if he doesn't want to!

Plus I like the idea of a photocopier salesman becoming the leader of the most feared force in the Idaho/Montana region. It gets me thinking... :king:

I genuinely enjoyed The Postman! A 3 hour film based in a post-apocalyptic America where the hero is called to destiny, even if he doesn't want to!

The book was really good, never saw the movie...

Spock and Bigfoot, stop picking popular movies. :mad:
I didn't think A Mighty Wind was very popular, even among Guest fans.

I didn't think A Mighty Wind was very popular, even among Guest fans.
One of the songs got nominated for an Oscar, so I'd say 'not bad'. Certainly no This is Spinal Tap, but reasonably successful.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind... a brilliant movie, probably my number one of this century. also the only movie where Kate Winslet is not only bearable but downright perfectly cast.

Everybody I know hates it/dislikes it / is indifferent.
Most people I know like that one (including me).

But they're probably just trying to appear deep & profound. ;)

Spoiler :
:joke:

the planet of the apes remake.

I enjoyed Bart & Lisa's Erotic Journey but evidently it has some pretty powerful critics.

Spoiler :
:joke: Again

Oh, I thought of two at once!

I thought Dersu Uzala was/is great but every person I've tried to watch it with got very bored after half-hour. Same with Ghost World. I know critically they both did fairly well but in RL no one I know has liked either.

Idiocracy http://www.megavideo.com/?v=87RETTZ1
A must-watch which was liked by nobody except for me.
I strongly recommend you to just give it a shot, it's really funny in my opinion.
Oh yes, that's a classic. I watched it a couple years ago on someone from CFC's recommendation. :)

Top Bottom