Moving a Guard Tower

Neeneko

Chieftain
I am not sure if this is intended behavior or not, but it is inconsistant with moving orchards at least so it is confusing to a new player.

I had zero production left.
I attempted to move a guard tower.
Instead of moving the tower it credited me half the cost (as would be expected with recycling) and then attempted to charge me full cost to place the building again.
Thus I essentially lost the tower by trying to move it.

If this is intended behavior, it should be made clearer that some buildings, if you move them, it will cost you have the price of the building to place it again.

(edited to add) ok, so I guess this happens with buildings, but not food production plots. In which case my bug report is 'this really should be clearer'

I am not sure if this is intended behavior or not, but it is inconsistant with moving orchards at least so it is confusing to a new player.

I had zero production left.
I attempted to move a guard tower.
Instead of moving the tower it credited me half the cost (as would be expected with recycling) and then attempted to charge me full cost to place the building again.
Thus I essentially lost the tower by trying to move it.

If this is intended behavior, it should be made clearer that some buildings, if you move them, it will cost you have the price of the building to place it again.

(edited to add) ok, so I guess this happens with buildings, but not food production plots. In which case my bug report is 'this really should be clearer'

Same thing happened to me, but I had a ton of production and I moved a modest sized guard tower several times and ate up so much production that the last time I placed it, it had to downgrade itself to a small tower.

Same thing happened to me, but I had a ton of production and I moved a modest sized guard tower several times and ate up so much production that the last time I placed it, it had to downgrade itself to a small tower.

Even small guard towers are intentionally treated this way, so that you cannot leapfrog your towers out at no cost. That being said, leapfrogging at the cost of 50 hammers is a deal, and well worth doing.

Even small guard towers are intentionally treated this way, so that you cannot leapfrog your towers out at no cost. That being said, leapfrogging at the cost of 50 hammers is a deal, and well worth doing.

Yeah I figured that. Also you could use one tower to scout multiple locations by moving it.

Village Greens, which also reveal terrain, work the same way; you only get 50% of the hammers back when you recycle.

Top Bottom