1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

moving art from razed city

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Kin, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Kin

Kin Chieftain

I capture a city and I don't really want it but it has some great art whatever. How or can I move the great art to my city while I'm razing said city?

2. phillipwyllie

phillipwyllie Wannabe Deity

Since you are razing the city it is annexed so you can move it like any other swap. If you want to move art before you must click the tourism icon before accepting whether to raze/annex/puppet/liberate etc. This will bring up the tourism screen and you can swap out the art, which is only useful if you plan to liberate as you can move art from puppets.

3. Kin

Kin Chieftain

Thanks, I'm always learning something new.

4. eris

eris King

That didn't work for me for some reason. However, I noticed that if I raze a city and it takes more than 1 turn to burn it to the ground, then the city is there in the standard tourism display. I moved the art work out and it worked just fine.

A special division of soldiers looting art before it's destroyed in the flames forever, didn't I see a movie about that? Oh, wait, they were retrieving art. That's different.

5. Dr. D

Dr. D Warlord

I'm convinced it's not possible to loot great works before liberating a city. I tried it myself after someone said it could be done but the second you capture the city, the pop-up requires you to make a decision to annex, puppet, liberate, etc.... the tourism icon cannot be accessed at that time. You can raze the city, move the work and sell the city but if your intent is to specifically liberate the city, I see no way this can work.

6. dasaard200

dasaard200 Prince

Before Looting, make sure you HAVE the open slots to put the Loot IN ! Otherwise, puppet that city, and get your culture buildings up, fast . I had to keep an exposed army around 2 fat cities (8 various Great Works and Artifacts) until my museums caught up to the Loot load .

7. SeedenGreedens

SeedenGreedens Chieftain

I also didn't know how to do that. Thanks for asking.

8. phillipwyllie

phillipwyllie Wannabe Deity

I forgot to mention I use EUI, and I suspect that's why I'm able to "recover" art before the annex/puppet/liberate/... screen.

9. Dr. D

Dr. D Warlord

Ah... that makes sense, that's gotta be it

10. techgiz1

techgiz1 Chieftain

When the annex/puppet/liberate/... screen comes up click on the view city option. Then when viewing the city click on the art and the culture screen with be display. You can now loot the art if you have an open place in your empire to move it to.