Moving Great Works between buildings

bbbearbbb

Chieftain
Hi,
Not sure if this is a bug or I'm doing something wrong, but I cannot move artifacts around my museums.
The archaeologist seems to put them in randomly, and after that they are stuck forever.
I can pick them up and the buildings which take those great works are highlighted in lighter shade, but cannot drop them off...there is no error message or anything to indicate what could be wrong.

You can only swap an artifact with another artifact in a full museum. You can't move one to an empty square.

Basically the idea is that the museum has to be filled with artifacts found by the archeologist built by the city with that museum (and only then can they be swapped around to try and get theming bonuses).

I think the idea is to make it more challenging (versus just having your high production city pump out archeologists and the move the artifacts to other museums), but I find it confusing and annoying more than anything.

but I find it confusing and annoying more than anything.
+1 on this. What was wrong with the ciV mechanics? I actually loved that there were two types of themes where you got +1 if its all the same era AND nation vs. +2 when its the same era AND different nation and also there were specific themes if i recall it right. where some wonders got themed, when they were actually diverse or all the same. was a really interesting micro aspect. while this implementation in ciVI is driving me crazy. worst of all is actually the diplo trading of great works. there are NO CLUES at all WHAT those great works are. you just have to HOPE that this artifact is actually an artifact and not a relic for example. again, what was wrong with ciV swapping so its not in ciVI? worked pretty well for me...

Top Bottom