Moving immediately after purchase... Intended?

Takagi Hiro

Prince
I don't know about anyone else's experiences, but when an AI buys a unit in a city and uses it on the same turn it's purchased, causing me to lose a veteran unit, I really rage. I'm not sure if this is intended behavior or not, but if it is, how would I go about disabling it...?

Or, at the very least, allow me to do the same. ;)

I'm not sure if the AI is buying or producing units either but one thing I'm sure of is they are able to attack with both units in a city before moving the new one out.

Currently besieging Copenhagen very early in the game, ~turn 70 or so, and my 4 archers are knocking down the defenses and removing the garrisoned archer but every 4 turns or so a new spearman attacks then moves out the back where I'm not positioned.

This is very annoying as my new units are BOTH unable to fight in any cities I have.

I don't know about anyone else's experiences, but when an AI buys a unit in a city and uses it on the same turn it's purchased, causing me to lose a veteran unit, I really rage. I'm not sure if this is intended behavior or not, but if it is, how would I go about disabling it...?

Or, at the very least, allow me to do the same. ;)

Note that one the autority policies allow you to buy some special units (mercenaries) that are weaker but can move after purchase.

Note that one the autority policies allow you to buy some special units (mercenaries) that are weaker but can move after purchase.

Weaker than what? They are all way stronger than the unit they "replaces"

I'm not sure if the AI is buying or producing units either but one thing I'm sure of is they are able to attack with both units in a city before moving the new one out.

Currently besieging Copenhagen very early in the game, ~turn 70 or so, and my 4 archers are knocking down the defenses and removing the garrisoned archer but every 4 turns or so a new spearman attacks then moves out the back where I'm not positioned.

This is very annoying as my new units are BOTH unable to fight in any cities I have.

This is the real problem. It completely messes with your ability to plan during a city assault, and of course utterly defies the built in rules of the game.

I have witnessed this as well. I was sieging Paris which was next to a river, my catapults two hexes from the city on the other side of that river. During ai turn reqular spearman appeared out of thin air my side of the river and attacked my catapult, followed with composite bowman attack from the city itself. It was fresh spearman without promotions.

I don´t know whether it was purchased or produced, it might just be the fact the city was already garrisoned, which placed the new spearman to the next empty hex beside the city. Most annoying thing about this was that the river was negated, because I was counting on it to keep my catapults out of harms way.

I have witnessed this as well. I was sieging Paris which was next to a river, my catapults two hexes from the city on the other side of that river. During ai turn reqular spearman appeared out of thin air my side of the river and attacked my catapult, followed with composite bowman attack from the city itself. It was fresh spearman without promotions.

I don´t know whether it was purchased or produced, it might just be the fact the city was already garrisoned, which placed the new spearman to the next empty hex beside the city. Most annoying thing about this was that the river was negated, because I was counting on it to keep my catapults out of harms way.
Does the civ you are at war with have Authority?

There was this vanilla bug when if AI bought a ranged unit in a city which already had one, both ranged units fired at you and then the new one was automatically moved outside of city. I have never seen this in CBP, so I believed it was fixed. I hope the bug hasn't reemerged, it was very annoying.

Could have been a city-state gift, or a vassal gift even a difficulty adjustment unit.

Does the civ you are at war with have Authority?

Outside of a custom game or using an editor, probably not given the units and time period described.

Top Bottom