Moving palace

Justynian

Chieftain
What is the mechanism of choosing the city to be the capital? I mean ex. playing as Mongols, I suddenly realise that my capital is not Quara Qorum but Delhi and I can't change it anymore. Is there any rule for that?

Interesting, that recalls me someone who complained about AI Britain that suddenly got its capital in India. It's as if India was the epicenter of some hidden bug.

It's not only India. I've noticed it several times before, but I started wondering today why my capital was moved to the city that is in my possesion for 2 turns

As Spanish, I once found out that my capital suddenly moved to Cordoba, and my former palace still exists.

This is the consequence of a bug that has since been fixed in the SVN.

The reason was basically that when a civ respawned, its capital was moved to its historical location, for example Delhi in the Indian respawn. I didn't consider that this city doesn't necessarily have to flip to the new civ though, so if you kept Delhi during the Indian respawn, your palace moves there instead because I forgot to check the owner.

That explains much. But is it the effect of this bug or is there any tech that makes the capitol unmovable? I mean, when i realised that my capitol changed, i checked whether i could move it back, but building palace wasn't possible anymore

That explains much. But is it the effect of this bug or is there any tech that makes the capitol unmovable? I mean, when i realised that my capitol changed, i checked whether i could move it back, but building palace wasn't possible anymore
Yeah, that's because your old capital still has the palace building, because the mechanism did only remove the previous palace building in the civ that has just been resurrected.

Top Bottom