MP 1vs1 : Great Library and Notre Dame...

benk

Chieftain
Hello,
We usually play 1vs1 games with a friend and try to find counter to different strategies to make the game fun and keep games balanced as long as possible

Settings: quick speed, simultaneous, random map and civ, little size, no diplo or time victory.

We try to find a counter to the combo Great library / Hanging Gardens / Notre dame...

It seems that with these three wonders, it is very hard to resist to an attatck at the begining of the Renaissance. In a 1vs1 game, everything seems to be a matter of Hapiness and wonders...

I decided to set a game with the AI, to skip the wonders such as GL and Gardens while focusing on settlers and NC: My goal is to get Notre Dame ASAP to continue expanding (fourth city and cap pop growing)

Noting I play Tradition, he prefers Liberty.

Some infos:

• 2nd city: turn 33
  • 3rd city: turn 44
  • National college: 80
  • 2 internal food routes to my cap
  • Only Two wonders: Artemis and Oracle
  • Tradition and opening liberty
  • Religion: King-God, Pagodes, ritual burial (+1 Happ every two cities with this religion)

Turn 100:
  • pop cap: 15
  • total pop: 27
  • Notre dame just finished (Total: hapiness +12)
  • science: +62
What do you think? Making the hypotheses he got GL and Hanging gardens and he got ND before me, is it possble to struggle?

More generally, should we focus on wonders? Settlers? buildings? when palying a 1vs1?

Of course, all of these depend on some intial values (civ, and lands). But let say that all other things being equal...

Top Bottom