Mp ctd

CurseUppl

The bureaucracy expands.
Hey guys,

So been playing RifE with my friend, suffice to say it's more stable than FFH in multiplayer. OOS still happen, but they are not game ending and can be fixed with a reload or two, and even then only happen once every 100 turns or so (marathon).

But played three games now, all three of which crash around 400, that is to say, crashing to desktop for both of us at the same time. This seems to indicate there's something wrong with the game itself, but it has happened three games in a row, and the crash is consistent (always on the same turn).

Funny thing is, is that when I load the multiplayer game, stick an AI in instead of my friend, the game works fine. So, ran a few turns, saved the game, then tried again with my friend (who then takes over from the AI once again), and the crash happens immediately on the following turn.

I don't get it, but since the crash only happens in MP and not SP, that would seem to indicate something goes wrong when communicating between the two players. Something like an OOS except it completely kicks you out of the game.

Also, it seems that Civ does not have a crash logging system?

Map settings are:
Erebus continents, huge
Marathon
No inflation, flavour start, blessing of amatheon, wildlands, quick start, some other stuff I can't remember.

Here's the save for anyone that is willing to try. Thanks for any input :)

*edit* Failed to upload save. Sharing a 512 kbit connection with 20 other people on a ship. It's slow at the best of times -_- Will try again later.

Let's try again..

Attachments

• Colchis Turn_0402.CivBeyondSwordSave
    843.8 KB · Views: 80
Tried a few new games now, they still crash irreparably after 300 turns or so in MP. When it crashes, I can save a full error dump. Where do these dumps go?

Best I could find is: C:\Users\Admin\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Logs but there are a bunch of files there instead of anything that indicates it is an error dump.

Tried a few new games now, they still crash irreparably after 300 turns or so in MP. When it crashes, I can save a full error dump. Where do these dumps go?

Best I could find is: C:\Users\Admin\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Logs but there are a bunch of files there instead of anything that indicates it is an error dump.

well ... if you'd pay attention to the messages after crash, it also tells you where it saves the dump file (( i think it's into C:\users\<user>\appdata\local\temp\civ4beyondsword.exe.dmp, not sure though ))

Top Bottom