1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

MP game, who can figure this out?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Multiplayer' started by Haggbart, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Haggbart

Haggbart King

So I'm playing an MP LAN game with my brother, on deity, large map with 10 players (8 AI). He's Russia. I usually do quite well on deity, and so does he. But this game some strange stuff happens so I'm left completely in the dirt.

First of all he seems to be getting random eurekas and inspiration moments. When we entered industrial era he unlocked 5 random eurekas AND inspirations (ulocking both achievments on Steam), and the same thing happened upon entering modern era. So a grand total of 10 civic boosts and 10 tech boosts we cannot account for.

Also, he's getting a strange 100% modifier to production, regardless of what he's producing (and he does not have a government or civic card in place that would explain it). There are also 40% modifiers for faith, culture and science. And 100% on gold as well (in ADDITION to the 100% policy cards he has in place).

I'm posting a screenshot if anyone are curious. Can it all have something to do with 10 players in MP being unsupported? (although, IIRC it was in CiV as well, and I never had any problems).
    I've double checked the difficulty level and setup of the game, can't seem to find any explanation.

wtfciv.png

2. Haggbart

Haggbart King

....and upon entering atomic era (in 1100AD, turn 171!) he got another 5 eurekas and this time 6 inspirations!

I think it's time to pull the plug on this game, however if anyone would be interested in the save file I'm uploading the autosave from the turn before he entered atomic. He's playing as Russia.

Attached Files:

3. narmox

narmox Emperor

Check the city-states you or he are suzerain of. There's one that gives eurekas or inspirations at each era change... Might be some other city-states or wonders too?

4. Haggbart

Haggbart King

Yes checked all the obvious stuff.
    But there clearly is some strange stuff going on here, there's no way you get 5 tech and 5 civic boosts at new era. Also there is the issue with yield boost (and to be clear, those are not % of base, but of total yield)

Anyone with the skill to dissect the save game to see what's going on and confirm this belongs in the bug section?

5. jollywonk

jollywonk Chieftain

It sounds to me like the game is treating him as a Deity level AI, rather than a human. At the deity level, AI gets 4 free tech boost and 4 free civic boosts. Add a city-state to that and that's your 5 per era? The other numbers don't line up quite with what Deity AI gets, but maybe those figures were boosted in the last patch.

4N4C0ND4 and jbavon like this.
  6. Haggbart

Haggbart King

Hmm, that might not be a bad suggestion actually. But in that case the bonuses for culture and science should be 32% and not 40, and gold/prod should be 80% and not 100%. Also I'm 100% certain the fifth tech/civic did not come from the city state, either way if you try to advance to atomic era in the save file I think you will get 6 inspirations. So either there is even more stuff going on, or they tuned the AI bonuses in the latest patch?

Also, what would be the best way to make sure this doesn't happen again in MP? The way we set up an MP game is we set all players dif levels to deity, although I've never experienced this before. Maybe set the dif level for the human players to settler just in case? That shouldn't affect the game as long as all AI are set to deity, right?

7. Tabarnak

Tabarnak Cut your lousy hairs!

8. Haggbart

Haggbart King

Ah, that makes sense. I think at one point I might have saved the game after he left, so at that point his slot might be set to AI before the next playing session. I didn't realize he would get deity bonuses when we carried on. But that would explain it (although it doesn't quite explain how his bonuses were actually higher than the AI bonus charts I've seen).

Thanks to both of you guys who solved it!

jollywonk likes this.