MP games

kairob

Biohazard
The seam to be very few MP games going on here. The forum was opened with the form of tournaments, online gaming, AP V Whitefire, etc... and I haven't seen much of this.

So come on someone must be interested in an online game with the newest patch. My timezone is GMT (+0) and the only times I can't play is friday, saturday and sunday evenings. Also as I work quite late then my sleeping times sometimes get messed up so I don't even mind playing at 2 am!

I never tried an MP game but starting tuesday I'll have plenty of time on my hands for at least 3 weeks. My timezone is GMT+2 so Panopticon could you please check what time of the day would that be at Tuesday evening? I would but I have no idea what UTC is 0_o.

Sounds good. Care to sort out the details? Would it be better to do that here or via pm?

EDIT: Crossposted!
As the are three of us it might be best to sort it out in the thread.
Also BurnEmDown, UTC is Universal Time Code, which is basically just a politically correct term for GMT. Like BCE=BC etc...

Also what start do you guys want? My vote is for 600ad, but am happy with the others...

This is the correct thread, right?

UTC is GMT but easier for non-English speakers to recognise. It is 2225 (British Summer Time) where I am, so that is 2125 UTC.

I prefer 600AD as well, but I don't mind.

Standard settings and all victory conditions?

What time would be best to start on Tuesday? I am good all day...

What civs does everyone want? I would probably play as a euro civ, but am not sure which yet...

Me too, maybe not too early in the morning, say from 11AM till 2AM I'll be available all these hours.
However as I wrote before I've never played a MP RFC game, is it the same as playing normal CIV MP game online?

Yes, but if we pick civs starting later we need to wait for them to spawn before joining. Which means one of us should play from the start (even if he changes later) and tell the others when their civ has spawned.

OK then, so we should write here which civs we'll be taking, and then we'll see who'll start the game, when should he stop to let the others know when to join, and all that? If so I'll be either France or England, I don't mind chosing one over the other if one of you wants one of them. If you both don't choose one of them I'll be France I guess.

OK, I was going to settle 1SW of Paris anyway :p

I'll be Spain, or if someone wants Spain then England. Also I second the no UHV idea.

Also @ BurnEmDown, IIRC when you take over the civs on the AI has already started and settled your capital, so Alternate Capitals won't be an option. Annoying I know.

Damn! That changes the whole point of view of which civ to choose. I guess Turkey would be a great civ to choose since the AI gets bonuses that the human player doesn't, but with that civ it would be too easy to kill Arabia :p Then my pick is the Netherlands!

So Arabia, Spain and Netherlands?

Also BurnEmDown, which was is that changes things, playing against Spain or Arabia? If you wanted Europe to yourself I have an urge to play china. (especially as my top secret plan to invade Egypt has been thwarted by a human player being Arabia...

Also we havn't agreed a start time yet. My email is kairobinson(at)gmail(dot)com if you guys want to email me your IP's assuming we are going for a direct IP connection. Panopticon, you might be best hosting it as your civ is in from the start.

What I meant was that because the AI will settle Paris that will destroy my settling plans from the get-go. However, the worst possible scenario I could imagine with an AI playing the Dutch up till I take over is founding a city in Denmark in a so-so spot.

For me any time. I'll send you my IP address right away, and also if you have messenger add the email address that sent you the message.

Top Bottom