MP is WORKING ;)

Flay

Prince
I just want to let everyone knows:

MP IS WORKING !

I didn't want to write this after the first try but after the second successfull game I can say MP IS WORKING !!!!!!

I and some friend have play (or try to play) MP with ROM AND for a long time.
With more or less success.
but with the latest version it has become more and more OOS unfriendly.
Until now.

Install civ, patch it 3.19, install AND 1.75 so pach C.
DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING IN BUG MENU !
Play Direct IP with AI if you want to.
NO REVOLUTION
I can give the entire option list for anyone interrested but only NO REVOLUTION is important.

If you are going to play SP games between MP games, than you have to "cut paste" your "beyond the sword folder" before each of the game type. understand by that to NEVER play MP game using an beyong the sword folder that has been used on SP.
You will found your Beyong the sword folder usualy in : Document, MyGames, "beyong the sword" this is were your game seting are save.
if you have forget to "save" your folder for MP game, just cut and past the one in use for exemple on the desktop than a new one will be generated when starting a new game, you will have to go through all your option again but this is not much a pain to get MP working.

I can't explain why this help but it does.

first game with archipelagos normal size, fast speed, 3 humans + standar AI. played until 1972 AD, with 4 OOS total. after each OOS host save the game, everyone back to menu reload and play.

second game, archipelaos large map, slow speed, 3humans standar AI (total 10 civ).
Didn't play that long cause week days but no OOS so far.

In both game new civ emerged from barbarian and Civ got eradiqued.

With patch C, AND 1.75 works just fine in multiplayer without jumping through all those hoops. You can even use Revolutions. Rarely, we'll get an OOS error that's easily corrected by jumping back to the last autosave.

I will give it a try with rev on but last MP game with patch C without those hoops was very OOS TERROR !

ROM-AND totally works in MP now, played insane games with my friends recently.

On Gigantic Maps with around 24 up to 40 civs, depended on how many barbarians spawned :D

Got very little OOS, last game we played 2 days straight and got maybe 3-4 OOS.

so, whats the best bet when you get an OOS, reloading an old autosave, or just having all but 1 rejoin the game?

save the game, all out, load the saved game, and play with every body

Have you ever been able to finish a game in MP? Because I tried lot of times with my wife (playing hotseat mode) but we've never been able to finish a single game due to ctd when getting near the modern era. RoM-AND 1.75 (A and C), 20-30 civs, huge or giant maps, Revolutions on.
@Sukha: what kind of pc specs do you have? My pc is a quad-core q9450, 4GB ram, 1GB video ram, win7 64 bit; and when I reach 32-33 civs the game always crashes. :(

45°38'N-13°47'E,
hi,

try to upload a save game so somebody would be able to check this for you.

anyways - soon there will be a new stabler version.

Hi keldath,

actually I don't have any savegame anymore;I've got so tired of constant crashing and having to save and load EVERY turn (sometimes it works, until finally it doesn't work anymore) that I deleted every savegame and started a new game with less civs. The problem could be the number of civs anyway. Now I've started a game with 18 civs and now that I've reached industrial era there are already 27 (including rebels); so maybe starting with 30 civs was breaking the 50 civ limit. Most of the times my game was crashing when some rebels where emerging somewhere. Thanks anyway :)

RevDCM should be working in MP. If it's not... turn on the logging, post a save, and I can check it out.

Afforess,

the latest build of revdcm gave me oos on an auto play after 300-500 turns,
and i turned off revolution - i think that in gliders last update, something got lost - they spoke about it on the thread if memory serves me right.

the logging is turned on in the civilization.ini file - 45°38'N-13°47'E, just for you to know.

Thanks guys, playing without rev doesn't make much sense to me; I'd almost prefer playing alone with rev than playing MP without it.
I'm currently playing two games (SP and MP) and no problems so far (reached Renaissance era for the first and modern for the second one). I still keep my fingers crossed :lol:

I'm very glad to see you guys are working hard on this. :)

Revolutions is not working in MP in 1.76 beta 4. Will get you a log next time we play. Just started a new game without Rev on.

So far its good. But we have only reached year "0". But i am afraid its gonna start crashing around year 1900 as it usually does. :'(

I have logs enabled and will put them on here if I get any issues.

Edit: Just deleted my old log files so I know i get fresh ones. :-D

Top Bottom