MP useful info

Az

Emperor
New MP players! Read!

Too all of you trying to get MP games by posting here, try going to www.icq.com and download ICQ you can talk to hundreds of other civers and arrange games there. Its much easier.

-Yeah, but what do you do once you have ICQ? How do you locate "hundreds of other civers"?

1) you can ask others to send you their contact through ICQ as forumers that have ICQ and have entered their ICQ number in the profiles have a ICQ flower

just click on it to add them to your ICQ contact list.

2) There are ICQ active lists: 115159604, 117709262 (official CF list I think), 119051760

Since it's an active list you can't just find it under the normal ICQ numbers - you have to click on the ICQ main menu - then the add/invite users and the third on that list is the add/find active list - here you write the number and the active list comes on - there are currently 94 members!!!

Now if you can't have ICQ or don't want it you can:

1) Simply post here
2) Go to http://www.zone.com

only for PC users no Mac here

Of course ICQ is not the only chat and contact software. You also have MSN messenger ( www.msn.com and Yahoo messenger ( www.yahoo.com ).
AOL instant messenger: http://www.aim.com

And let's not forget Trillian which combines Yahoo messenger, MSN, IRC, AIM, and ICQ! Get it at:

http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/

The only problems are that it doesn't support ICQ active lists and that you can't recieve files. (This as far as ICQ is concerned)...

The mac version of The Zone is called GameRanger.Don't know if anybody still civs there or not.

The Zone no longer supports Civ2 :(

A little clarification:

Mac and PC versions of Civ II Multiplayer Gold (FW) work fine together via TCP/IP. The latest version of Civ II Gold for Mac is version 1.1.1 which can be obtained off of www.versiontracker.com . ToT is PC-only.

For those who are GameRanger users: I would be interested in collecting a databse of members who use GameRanger, so I will set up this email, and a web page soon.

Email: civmac@hotmail.com

Happy gaming! Welcome to Civ3!

ancestral

The latest version of ICQ (ICQ 2001B) does not have Active List anymore. Only the older versions have it.

anarchywrksbest beat me too it. :) Trillian is the best!

No there isn't:( but don't worry because most of the people on the lst don't play anymore. Just check out some of the threads here like Flatlander Fox's, they contain the people that still play, like me;)

new civ2 mp here...have played civ2 offline for years. I played my first time last night. Would like to meet players. If you are interested, my ICQ is 16544866. Let me know if there are any beginner online players out there!

xplor

thats what im trying to find out icefalcon...i know how to do it with the copy of Test of Time that i have, but everyone i run into uses Gold...everybody i ask for help tells me get ICQ, go to zone.com...neither of those are options...but if you have TOT we can play 2players...

I am interested in a multiplayer game. I got civ II gold and my icq is 171669871. So anyone setting up a game, gimme a call.

ICQ 81521163 civ2 civ2

ive got civ2 gold for pc but i way prefer the mac interface i wonder if civ2 mac 1.1 works with civ2 gold pc ?

Top Bottom