MP6 - a Madman and his Ladies.

MeteorPunch

#WINNING
Ragnar was a young man placed at the helm of a brutish seafaring people, the Vikings. Young and innocent, he smiled sheepishly at his female admirers. As he grew older and drunker, he began to believe they only loved him for his power and position...then, he went mad.

Settings
Emperor
Standard
70% Water
Archipelago
Nordic Cool
4 Billion
Sedentary

The only land units we can have
Settler
Worker
Archer
Berserk
Leader
Army

The Ladies
Egypt
Russia
France
England
Spain
Byzantines

Relationships - this will be updated when the game progresses.
1. Theodora - Byzantines. The first we meet becomes our first "crush" (yes, even if it's Catherine). We are too shy to trade with her...ever.
2. Catherine - Russians. The second becomes our "girlfriend." We trade every tech as one for one deals as long as a trade is available until every civ is met.
3. Isabella - Spain. The third becomes our "lover." Must be the first civ attacked and conquered. Doesn't make any sense? Neither does love.
4. Joan - France. Fourth is Wife. Mutual partner, must attempt to ally in wars. Last to get the Axe.
5. Elizabeth - English. Fifth is the "Ex." Must declare war with no trading on the first turn met.
6. Cleopatra - Egypt. Lastly "mid-life crisis fling." Give every tech,luxury, and resource for 20 turns.

Going Mad
After a "relationship" ends, must do the following. Number corresponds to relation.
1. Crush. Revolt to Anarchy.
2. Girlfriend. Stop research for 10 turns...need gold for a new girlfriend.
3. Lover. Disbands the capital.
5. Ex. Give the "wife" all your gold. If amount is less than 200, must give 20 gpt.
6. Fling. Raise luxury slider to 50% for 10 turns...it's a party!

Variants
Going for conquest victory.
We are somewhat defiant. No giving into demands, but always give into demands by "crush" and "wife." (unless at war)
A turnlog is not necessary, but report any important events.
Pictures and storytelling encouraged...if you want.

Roster
1. MeteorPunch
2. SesnOfWthr
3. Grahamiam
4. Bede
5. Pentium
6. Barbslinger

The Start

A second thought. I think it might be funner to try it without the "relationship" variant. A straight up Berserker only game. Probably emperor. Any sign ups tell which game you'd prefer.

EDIT: Inspiration for the Berserker-only variant came from this very nice game grs2 - the roman legions

lurkers comments: i dont quite understand the rules... and i cant win on emperor sooo ill be lurking this one!

Relationship it is then. Whew...I didn't know what people would think about it. :lol: It is supposed to be a funny joke. :p

OK, I think I could bite on this one. Seems like a lot to remember, but I'm willing to give it a go.

Not real thrilled about the moving the capital requirement though. I understand the "moving out" type of analogy, but seems unnecessary. Should be interesting to see how well the "wife" handles all that money by the time we go to war with her.

Incidentally, in my first hosted game, we were not allowed to connect any resources, ever. Since we used the Vikings, it essentially became a zerk only game. :)

SesnOfWthr said:
OK, I think I could bite on this one. Seems like a lot to remember, but I'm willing to give it a go.
Glad to have you (Go Sox!). Still need 2-3 more.

SesnOfWthr said:
Not real thrilled about the moving the capital requirement though. I understand the "moving out" type of analogy, but seems unnecessary. Should be interesting to see how well the "wife" handles all that money by the time we go to war with her.
Capital disbanding is the first act of madness. I placed this one intentionally first to get it over with. His lover is gone, what is he to do?

are you dumping the "Mad" aspects but keeping the "Relationships" part of the varient?\

edit: sorry, misunderstood the varient. I read closer and now understand what's going on. I'll sign up if you have room :)

Capital disbanding is the first act of madness. I placed this one intentionally first to get it over with. His lover is gone, what is he to do?

Then I guess we need some clarification then.

That quote implies it is done once, after the lover is eliminated. However, the first post says it happens when ANY relationship is over. :hmm:

Yes sorry I'll explain any confusions. A bit of madness occurs when a woman is eliminated. Thus, when the lover bites the dust, he disbands the capital. When the ex is gone, he throws a party. These each will happen once.

First post slightly updated.

Ahhhhh, now I see.

Yes, yes, that is much clearer, and much better now. :)

2. The second becomes our "girlfriend." We trade every tech as one for one deals as long as a trade is available until every civ is met.

This one I feel needs explaining. If "girlfriend" has any tech we don't have at the same time we have one she doesn't have, we must make a trade...even if it is Republic for The Wheel. Once all civs are met, this is no longer in effect.

[/lurk]

Excellent stuff, MP! :goodjob: I'm too busy to sign up for any SGs for another month or so but I'll be keeping an eye on this game.

[lurk]

Since I am probably one of the few on the board who have personally experienced all, and I do mean all, of the variant requirements, how could I miss this one? <goes looking for courtin' shoes, gets a rat for the tonsure>

Hmmm, how can you shorten Bede's name? Just B, perhaps? :lol:

Ever done a no military game, Bede?

@Sesn, I couldn't afford the medication for a no military game.

Top Bottom