MP6 - a Madman and his Ladies.

Oops :spank: :wallbash: I got fixated on getting to Stronomy sooner so we could move bigger bunches of 'zerks around.

The inland of Russia will probably have to wait until the AC's are used up, or there is a 'zerk army or a great big honking stack of 'zerks. Since we can't build seige engines taking down the bigger inland towns is going to be costly as we will lose three or four 'zerks on the way in.

Screw that, attack like your attacking with regular flatfoots. Utilize the mountains and hills, and attack inland, don't play afraid of the AI. Meanwhile, have 4 or 5 galleys playing hit-and-run along the coast. Should work just fine. Do not worry about the bigger towns, zerks have a 6 attack rating, use and abuse it. Muskets will fall soon enough. Spam nothing but zerks during the GA too.

Got it! I'll play sometime tomorrow. Lots of Zerks. I'll look for shortrushing ops too.

I'm 2 turns in and my ex finally called and said I could visit with my son today. He lives in Seattle which is where I am on business this week She was being a pain Friday and yesterday and I thought the same story today. Anyway, my son is waiting and I only get to see when a) I get to Seattle, and b) the ex is not in on of her moods. I have to delay this until I get to my hotel tonight around 7-8pm. Sorry gentlemen.

(PRE) 750AD - Kill the MDI on the mountain and see an AC prepping to hit J Fever with only 1 zerk in it. I shuffle a bit. I also short rush the 24 turn market in Stavenger.

IT - Lose 3 zerks and build 3 zerks and a market.A russian caravel comes into view.

(1) - 760AD - Take out 4 russians do some more rushing and.

IT - Russian lands 2 but do not attack at all. They also land a settler pair in the north where Egypt had some workers. France is building Copes.

(2) - 770AD - Looks like we can do some lux trading. We get a lux from France for Ivory and 11gpt. 2 elite wins come up empty. A zerk army would be sweet. A last 4/5 elite win takes the contested russian city in the russian east and we get the army and 7-8 slaves. Load him and prepare to march on Moscow to get rid of the AC threat.

IT - Lose one zerk but keep slaves. Russia plants the northern se
ttler pair and Byz starts Copes.

(3) 780AD - We place 4 zerks under the army and will march next turn. I plan to go along the coast disrupting roads and lux while sailing more zerks to get under army. Destroy the new town russia built and moved a settler into place.

IT - Russia does not do much but they are sneaking a caravel up our east coast. A 3/3 archer goes around the army.

(4) 790AD - Shuffle troops in the east. Moving army and zerks westward. Should get OMSK next turn. Settle Bjatsford in the north, set to temple to get the Egypt iron on expansion. Will wait on the archer to get an elite shot.

IT - Nada

(5) 800AD - Take Omsk and get an elite promo. Put 2 new zerks under army. Get some settlers going. No luck on the elite win

IT - Russia is hurting. No attacks. Lots of builds.

(6) 810AD - Mostly rushing and prepping the march.

IT - Expansions everywhere. Egypt has knights that are using our roads to get to Russia.

(7) 820AD - Marching the army and 8 zerks to take down Russia. Egypts knights should take care of any AC's headed our way and I hope they take the iron town. Settle another town, Hammerfest.

IT - Egypt is moving on the iron town. English building Smiths. Stockholm hit a 2nd time with disease.

(8) 830AD - Just thinking about the tech hole. After Russia is on the ropes and Moscow is gone we should take her techs and leverage our way back to even. Still marching. Workers doing the job clearing ground. Settlers moving west.

IT - Egypt takes Smolensk, the iron city. Byz complete Leos.

(9) 840AD - With Smolensk in Egypt hands we can use her roads. This gets us within just a couple turns of Moscow.

IT - Shoot! It looks like Cleo may beat us to Moscow. We build 6 zerks and just about everyone is on Smiths now.

(10) - 850AD - Positioned some galleys to pick up zerks. Moved the army contingent around the knights of Cleo. Hopefully we get Moscow, if not, take the spice town. I was planning the Zerks near Hammer for Spice too.

Shoot, I had originally attached it.

barbslinger said:
(8) 830AD - Just thinking about the tech hole. After Russia is on the ropes and Moscow is gone we should take her techs and leverage our way back to even.
nice turns :hammer: I agree with the above :) got it.

The Egyptians are doing a number on Russia. They capture Moscow.
Trade maps with Cleo.

Vologda captured.
Astrakhan' captured.
Murmansk captured.
Nordic Desert founded.
Lower Lux, crank science.

Theodora demands wines and we give.
Khabarovsk captured.
Irkutsk captured.

GA ends.
Trade spices to England.
Up the Lux rate.

Tver' captured.

Magadan destroyed.
Samarra destroyed.

Astronomy discovered.
Kazan' captured.
Bryansk captured.
Novosibirsk captured...and a MGL! I liked the way Barbslinger named his, so... :D

Chita captured.
Arkhangel'sk destroyed.
Get peace with Russia for all her tech, and last two towns - Saratov and Tobol'sk.
Lower Lux to 0% because WW is gone.

- we can upgrade some galleys to caravels now.
- There's a settler that needs to go 1S to claim the furs.
- I assume we're going after Egypt next. They are getting pretty powerful. Ally whoever we can. They have Iron units, knights and whatnot because we were trading them Iron. That deal is over, but now they have 2 sources. One unconnected by smolensk and one connected by a new town, El-Ashmunein. This one needs to be cut.
- We have two armies now and we should advance with Berserkers protected underneath. I don't know if we need the armies to even attack - if they get weaked, they might be attacked. I would try to use the protected Berserkers often to level them up and get more armies.
- Like with Russia, Egyptian cities will have a high flip rate until they are getting beaten.
- it will take at least 5 turns to move units in position for attacking, so take your time. We need WW reside as well for the long battle vs. Egypt.

Roster
1. MeteorPunch - just played
2. SesnOfWthr - up
3. Grahamiam - on deck
4. Bede
5. Pentium
6. Barbslinger

lurkers comment: doesent it look like cleo and lizzy(Elizabeth) are getting a little too much land?

AnsarKing101 said:
lurkers comment: doesent it look like cleo and lizzy(Elizabeth) are getting a little too much land?

Yep. They each have a little more land than us. But not for long. :evil:

Nice work MP! If we run with the Zerks under Army cover we can pillage along the way. Vikings do pillage don't they. Taking liberities with Cleo should also be on the agenda.

OK, I got it.

Tomorrow evening looks good, time-wise.

OK, gear up for Cleo. Seems pretty cut and dried, right? I am a bit confused why we let Russia live? Seems like it goes against the spirit, but since it was the host, what do I know?

IT – French complete Magellan’s, bunch switch to Bach’s.

960 AD (1) – Notice that we have no workers to connect the furs down south. Start bringing in all the boats for upgrade. Don’t remember a no Wonders rule, so I start the HE.

970 AD (2) – Learn Gunpowder, Start Chemistry. Upgrade about ten boats.

980 AD (3) – Joan wants a bunch to renew the dyes deal. I’ll wait a couple turns and work it into the MA. Lover’s Leap riots, scroll through a bunch more before they do. Khabarovsk deposes, no units inside it. Up the lux, then scroll back through all the cities.

990 AD (4) – Furgo, South Island (SI) founded.

1000 AD (5) – Finally deliver a few workers to the south island. See two Egyptian AC’s and a knight on the southern island. Apparently Cleo wants to finish off Cathy. Might give us some trouble too though.

1010 AD (6) – Divert a couple more zerks to the southern island to supplement the two we have there.

1020 AD (7) – Rush a harbor in Irkutsk, furs should be connected at the end of next turn. Basically ready to start with Cleo, but I hate handing off like that, so I’ll leave it for the next person to do.

1030 AD (8) – Russia seems to have found some silks somewhere. :hmm: England has a settler pair that seems to be heading for the salt on the south island.

1040 AD (9) – Chemistry comes in, start on Metallurgy. Ship Chem to Cleo for Nav, 8g, and WM. There is a twofer available with Physics, but it’s Theo who doesn’t have it yet. :(

I decide to quit stalling and just end my set here. Either someone can grab an extra turn, or I'll square it up when it comes back to me. There are some trades out there using our luxes, but I figured we could work those into the MA agreements. Copenhagen is starving, but a lux or some irrigation will fix that. I’ll attach a screenie in the next post. I was thinking if we could get the armies into the two chokepoints, we could essentially secure our homelands and push forward as normal.

>>>SAVE<<<

This is essentially what I was thinking. Memphis is included in the initial plan as it is their only source of horses, AFAIK. I'd like a few more units in the west, but we should be OK using the army for cover. There are also a couple units on the south island, remember there were a few Egyptian units running around down there. Most of the attackers are forted, so they can be shuffled this turn, if so desired.

Attachments

• MP6_Warplan.JPG
    MP6_Warplan.JPG
    258.5 KB · Views: 136
Looks like things are in place for a warmonger to take it. :hammer:

Roster
1. MeteorPunch
2. SesnOfWthr - just played
3. Grahamiam - up
4. Bede - on deck
5. Pentium
6. Barbslinger