MP6 - a Madman and his Ladies.

Guys, I'm back!

I can see some good turns, and some even better stacks prepaired. I just hope you'll leave a bit of Egypt for me :)

I think your attack play is good, taking Memphis on the first turn will kill their counterattacks.

Preflight check: looks good

T1: 1050AD sell Egypt WM for WM and 11g. Ask her to leave or declare and she declares.
Take El-Ashmunein (kill 1 spear).
Take El-Amarna (kill 1 spear and 1 musket, lose 1 zerk)
Take Moscow (kill 1 spear)
Take Yekaterinburg (kill 2 knights)
Raze Memphis (kill 1 spear)

IBT: Lose a ‘zerk (@ Memphis ruins); SoZ produces an AC

T2: 1060AD Take Smolensk (kill 1 musket and 1 spear)
Take St. Pete’s (kill 2 muskets)
Take Heliopolis, losing 3 ‘zerks and killing 2 muskets
Raze Alexandria, losing 2 ‘zerks and killing 2 muskets

IBT: Lose 3 ‘zerks and also lose Heliopolis

T3: 1070AD Army retakes Heliopolis and it’s razed after letting thru a caraval (killed 1 knight)
Raze Elephantine (kill 1 spear and 1 musket)
Take Hieraconpolis (kill 1 spear and 1 musket)

IBT: Lose a ‘zerk that razed Elephantine
Lose the tundra town of Saratov
Egypt moves 10 knights towards St. Pete’s.

T4: 1080AD Kill 3 of the 10 knights, but must abandon St. Pete’s or risk more WW.
IBT: Knights do some damage, killing 2 ‘zerks and an AC
#$@!#$! Volcano destroys road connecting the furs

T5: 1090AD Disconnect Egyptian horses while moving towards Thebes
@Giza: Kill a musket, knight, and spear, but fail to raze the town.
Clear out remaining Knights around the ruins of St. Pete’s.
Mess with sliders due to unhappiness.

IBT: lose 1 ‘zerk; Metal -> Physics

T6: 1100AD Take Rostov (kill 2 muskets)
Take Giza with HG (kill 1 spear, lose 1 zerk)

Sorry, only have time for 6 tonight. Will leave some of the fun for the next player. We need to decide who to hit next as we have to start setting up the zerk caravels to do it. This game will get very tough soon with rifles coming into play. Suggest we stop tech and lux trading to try to slow down research.

Thebes should fall in 2T, and Pi-Ram next turn, and our complete overrun of the Egyptian core will be complete :hammer:

That's some beautiful destruction there Gram! I'm suprised you didn't get any MGLs in the carnage. Berserk armies are going to be very important to us, and we only have 2.

The next player can eliminate Catherine if you want, 3 more turns on the peace treaty. The variant then would be to stop research for 10 turns. Also, try to get elite victories and fill in the gaps with settlers. :D

Roster
1. MeteorPunch
2. SesnOfWthr
3. Grahamiam - just played
4. Bede - up
5. Pentium - on deck
6. Barbslinger

Got it.

Continue the march.

grahamiam said:
all thanks to Sesn ;)

Bah! You flatter me. All I did was keep myself busy stacking up all the little ax men. :D

Will be nice when we get some rails to use for homeland defense.

Also: What's the thinking on risking a prebuild for the Mil. Acad? I know there is certainly no guarantee that we'll get a third army anytime soon, but I think the odds are in our favor with this crew. We'd have to get MT first, of course.

MA doesn't require 3 armies, Pentagon does. MA only requies a victorius army. I believe we have that. ;)

Fiddle with the sliders a bit and end up back where I started but with no clowns.

Not much else to adjust....

Joan and Liz start Newton's. Egyptian knight attacks at El-Amarna but is repulsed, no casualties...

Wake up an e'zerk to press my luck with the crippled Egyptian knight.

Take a gander at Lizzie's territory and she is sprouting smokestacks to go with her moustache.

Kill the knight but no promotion, then lose a whole boatload of zerks leader fishing with an elite against a crippled musket at Buto.

Pi-Ramses falls, promotes a vet, but not a 'leet. Keep the town as Thebes goes next.

In 1110 Egyptian knights retake Pi-R and El-Amarna flips back to the queen. We lose two wounded zerks bit since we get the furs back nobody riots.

In 1120 fail to take El-Am but take no casualties, killing a spear....then retake Pi-R and burn it to the ground, killing two knights, promoting a vet but again no 'leet promotion. The army takes down two muskets at Thebes. lose a zerk wounding a musket, kill a healthy musket with a vet, no promote, then kill the wounded musket with a 'leet zerk who still does not promote. Now that I have the town what do I do with it?

Take another look at the map and see that shares no fields with any other Egyptian town so I'll move the other army into killing range and wait and see.

In 1130 El-Am comes back to the wolves' fold but no joy from the elite. Cathy is making strange moves around Kazan so I shuffle some zerks around.

Heroic Epic complete in Birka in 1130.

And Irkutsk goes back to Cathy but since the peace with Cathy just ended that won't last long....French finish Newton's and Byzantines, Copernicus

In 1150 manuveur around on the Chelyabinsk isle and pay some coin for investigation of the towns, 1 LB on walkabout, a pike at Irkutsk and two spears in Chelyabinsk. Two boatloads of Zerks due to arrive soon.

Zerk army reaches the northern reaches of Egypt who have a spear on the hills guarding the passes, pulls up to await reinforecement by land and sea.

In 1170 head the boarts north from Giza and the armies move onto the hills of Tundra Egypt. Declare on Cathy and lose a zerk in the assault on Irkutsk but it is in our hands again. Russian LB takes out a zerk but second LB dies to zerk in the hills above Chelybinsk.

In 1180

Move on the Egyptians in the north

And Chelybinsk in the south

Brynask and Kazan riot "stop beating up on our mama!"

In 1190 raze Abydos and sail north. Russian galleys and a caravel attack our fleet in the South Bight and sink a caravel.

Lose a zerk at Chelybinsk and

There is still a Russian spear on the sland.

In 1200 kill a Russian pike at Gemtown and take two more slaves on the northern march into Egypt.

The Northern March
Wait on the attack at Asyut until the victorious zerk can get army coverage. The Egyptians still have at east one knight hanging about.

The Buto and North Island Expedition

Nordic Desert Pick-up for Kharabovsk

The Heart of Cleo's Realm

Lost a caravel to an Egyptian so I think we need to build some more.

Research to Magnetism due in 8 or so. The city of Bergen is a royal pain. It may need a cathedral. With it luxury spending can go down, saving a bunch of money.

I rush Cathedral in Bergen, allowing us to move lux slider down and tech slider up, Magnetism in 5 instead of 7.

I obey brother Bede and not attack tempting Asyut.

In 1230, "Army coverage" comes. Asyut falls without casualties, but also without leaders. I keep it for landing, than abandon. I also take Athribis and raze it. In the IT Egiptians take Moscow. :mad: No +zerks around, will be retaken in 3 turns.

1240, Kahun and Buto are taken.

Magnetism comes in 1250, along with Galleons. I must abandon Novosibirsk and Tver', because of 2 Cleo's Knights. Lisht is taken. Research is halted, we have 345 gpt income.

1260: Another Cleo's city is taken, again kept for unloading and then abandoned. She has 4 left. Also, Cathy is dead. I DONT stop our research, because we have none :D.

Pythom is taken in 1565 losing 3 zerks. Edfu follows in 1575, producing a MGL. An Army is created (3rd one :)), but I load only 2 zerks in order to ship it.

Next turn, you should load some 'zerks and attack Mendes and Busuris, the last 2 Cleo's cities. I don't think we'll need Pentagon, and I'm not sure about MA. If you, more experienced in war, think we need, we'll get it. It's hard to transport armies by sea.

Save

(PRE) 1275AD - Rush a temple on island to get silks for trade. Notice we have a trade with

Byz. I thought she was off limits. Do a trade with France for TOG and dyes for 5 lux, salt,

35gpt and 200g. It would be nice to have rails. Steam in 14 with some science help at -22gpt

and 1308 in bank.Steam will help in war with England. Speaking of which, I put an embassy in

London. Liz has Shakes in 3 and 7 rifles. Rush 3 more settlers. Should have 3 on the move on

mainland next turn along with the one on the island that lookslost. Trade 3 lux to Liz for

71gpt and 200g. Steam in 11. On the war front we have some zerks ready to go after 2 of Cleos

remaining 3 towns. They are healing and ready to board caravels. For future reference units

heal while fortified on a boat.

IT - All the builds and a palace expansion.

(1)1280 - Shuffle workers and ship some units to land on Cleo. Put settlers in motion and

begin looking at future English campaign. It will be tough with only zerks but we played an all legion game before and beat rifles. Need more armies.

IT - A few zerks and another settler.

(2) 1285 - Forgot about amphibious landing but remember in time to take Mendes. Shuffling.

IT - Nada

(3) 1290 - Moving units. Will take anoth Egypt city next turn.

IT - Edfu deposes.

(4) 1295 - Take Edfu and Burisis. 1 city left. Moving units around. We have 5 islands where

there is an English presence.

IT - Byz land a cav with settler in cleared ex-Cleo land.

(5) 1300 - Trying to line up for England.

(6) 1305 - Attacking last Egypt city next turn. Moving units.

IT - Get a surprise when a settler with 2 zerks that landed next to an English town on an

island get attacked by an Egypt knight and LB. We win both.

(7) 1310 - Settle new town. DESTROY Cleo and drop lux spending raise science to get rails in 2.

2. Still lining up for English.

(8) 1315 - Swapped some core builds to workers. Moving workers to start military rail network.

IT - English settle new hastings where I wanted.

(9) 1320 - We get steam and have an Ironworks city in Birka. It can do well.

I need to stop right now to get clarification. Are we allowed to trade with Byz yet? We hav steam on her and can get some tech. Also, should we go for TOE and and factories?

good job taking out Cleo. :goodjob:

just to clarify real fast here:

we can't trade with miss theodora...ever.

EDIT: When cleo is gone, "the fling" we must raise lux to 50% for 10 turns.
EDIT2: I can't tell if we stopped research after Catherine got the boot. These variants were just for fun, if they're forgotten it's no biggy. :p

MeteorPunch said:
EDIT2: I can't tell if we stopped research after Catherine got the boot. These variants were just for fun, if they're forgotten it's no biggy. :p
The research was at zero when I got it. From what I read Cathy left the world in 1260.

Strategy ideas - Getting a railnet up would be most helpful. I also like the idea of TOE for the tech to trade with the wife, Joan and get factories up to really crank the zerks. I really think Lizzy has to be next or she will run away. Getting Joan involved will deflect much of Lizzies wrath. We should expect to lose our gems during the initial onslaught. We should also look to take all core coastal cities (london) and burn them down while our lone transportable army covers a group to both pillage and burn cities. We will need some empty galleons to fortify and cover our full galleons. It will be a long war but once Lizzies core is kaput it should slow down dramatically.

sounds like a good plan barbslinger.

Another tech questions: Do we have mil tradition? We should get that as well at some point so we can start building armies in Birka once IW and factory are built there. I recommend starting Iron Works in Birka immediately (switch whatever it's building), as we don't want to lose our chance to build it if one of the resources disappears.

England will be a toughie. I'd cut rubber sources and trades at all costs. Berserks will do semi-decent in vast numbers against rifles, but infantry... :cringe:

We have 96 Berserks right now...one little RoP might do it. :mischief: Otherwise, we need factories in the core cranking out berserks and longships every 1-3 turns.

Top Bottom