MPG Star Trek 2018

skulb

Chieftain
Current version of my star trek mod for Civ2 MPG including a new unit representing Discovery. A custom map is included, hopefully will work, but may not as I recall some issues trying to use maps made on 64 bit systems with 32 bit systems.

Attachments

• UNITS.BMP
    301.1 KB · Views: 283
  • MPG Star Trek 2018.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 318
Good reason to reinstall MGE and take it for a spin. Gongrats skulb! :thumbsup:
P.S. Do you think (main universe) Captain Lorca is still arround?

Newest version of my star trek mod, mostly minor tweaks and some changes to the terrain files and a new huge map. And I made Fascism (Fundamentalism) unattainable without Lex Galactica (Statue of Liberty).
ScreenshotSept18.png

Attachments

• MPG Star Trek 2018 version 2.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 233
Wow!!! There's so many Trek Civ2 MGE mods from 20 years back but I didn't know about this recent one until now. It looks AWESOME!!!

Your colour usage is most impressive as it looks like it's a ToT scenario! Also like how you've used irrigation & RRs as like a sector territory system. And oh man.. you've got custom Trek themed city screen backgrounds for every race!

I've made a download page for your mod that links to your post above (so you still have control over the file) as threads can get burried over the years this should not be forgotten/lost!
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/star-trek-2018-mod-mge.28931/

This is definitely going in the video. :)

Blake00, since you are doing good work recovering old scenarios, I thought I'd ask about a couple I remember but can't locate. (Sorry for the hijack, skulb) The first was based on the English Civil War. There were several ECW scenarios at one time, but this one included the Scots and the Irish as civs, making it the most interesting of the lot. I think it may have had a minor role for the French as well, but I'm not sure. It had decent events for the time as well.

The second scenario (or maybe a modpack, I'm not sure) was called "The Age of Poetry". I don't remember much about it, except that it a new tech tree representing Renaissance social, technological and cultural developments. It goes way back in the mists of time, around the time Fantastic Worlds was popular, and it only existed AFAIK on one specialized site. If you or anyone else can dig these up, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Blake00, since you are doing good work recovering old scenarios, I thought I'd ask about a couple I remember but can't locate. (Sorry for the hijack, skulb) The first was based on the English Civil War. There were several ECW scenarios at one time, but this one included the Scots and the Irish as civs, making it the most interesting of the lot. I think it may have had a minor role for the French as well, but I'm not sure. It had decent events for the time as well.

I believe that scenario is called The Great Rebellion by Ian Shaw. It was quite interesting in terms of the playable factions and leader units (Prince Rupert, Cromwell, Fairfax, Ormonde, etc.). However, the scenario lacked an events file, so maybe it was an earlier version of the one you remember. Attached is the version I found in my collection.

Attachments

• greatreb.zip
    550.6 KB · Views: 56
@techumseh It's your lucky day -- here's Age of Poetry by Lance Paladis, a modpack with 3 scenarios.

Sorry for continuing the thread hijack, just seemed to make the most sense to reply here. @Blake00 I think you have a couple threads related to tracking down old scenarios... what's the preferred place for requests like this?

Attachments

• age-of-poetry.zip
    504.3 KB · Views: 51
Blake00, since you are doing good work recovering old scenarios, I thought I'd ask about a couple I remember but can't locate. (Sorry for the hijack, skulb)
haha it all went down while I was asleep! Glad these guys were on the ball and had them as yeah those 2 things weren't ringing any bells and I would have had to have looked through a lot of sites. I'll have to grab a copy of them both too to see what they're like! :)

Sorry for continuing the thread hijack, just seemed to make the most sense to reply here. @Blake00 I think you have a couple threads related to tracking down old scenarios... what's the preferred place for requests like this?
Yeah I've obviously got my main giant scenario search thread you've prob all seen however I didn't wanna clog that up too much so I've been working out of this thread documenting my ongoing scenario hunt failures and occasional successes. That one's a bit of a mess of all my investigation results and not really good for other people to use, so I recommend we revive the old official looking for a scenario request thread at the SL as I was thinking about doing that soon anyway as I can help people in there and once my forum history searches are over I'll have a list of failures from my thread where I will have truly exhausted all options (download sections, archive searches, forum searches, talking to Solver & Thunderfall and collectors I know) and my only remaining option will be the generosity of lurking collectors I don't have a dialog with.

Oh & don't worry guys @skulb has been MIA since 2019 so I'm sure he won't mind the hijack lol. ;) I also noticed that Skulb did heaps of cool stuff in a city graphics thread at the SL including an AWESOME Fallout city background. I still haven't managed to find a Fallout Civ2 scenario yet (there's some eeeepic ones for Civ3 & Civ4 but nothing for Civ2 so far) but if I do find one I'm soooo sticking Skulb's city background in it lol. Tempted to resurrect that city background SL thread too as I've been making heaps of custom city backgrounds for my scenarios and there's so many other good ones out there we should be collecting in the SL hey (although I have seen you guys posting some city backgrounds in the your main SL graphics thread so maybe a dedicated city thread is redundant now).

Last edited:
I still haven't managed to find a Fallout Civ2 scenario yet (there's some eeeepic ones for Civ3 & Civ4 but nothing for Civ2 so far) but if I do find one I'm soooo sticking Skulb's city background in it lol. Tempted to resurrect that city background SL thread too as I've been making heaps of custom city backgrounds for my scenarios and there's so many other good ones out there we should be collecting in the SL hey (although I have seen you guys posting some city backgrounds in the your main SL graphics thread so maybe a dedicated city thread is redundant now).

Please feel free to post any city UI graphics into our misc graphics thread - :)

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/miscellaneous-graphics-thread.664884/

The more the merrier, and it is a sticky thread also...!

With ToTPP now allowing for easy switching of city UI graphics, this is a good chance to show off some nice options.

Testing the mod and hmm this is a bit of a strange design decision.. the entire unit roster is federation.. so it doesn't matter if you play as Dominion, Borg, Romulan, Klingon etc.. everybody is rocking Fed ships lol. Of course it means you get to toy with practically every starfleet 24th century ship ever seen but yeah.. too bad if you're one of those folks who likes playing alien eg. I've got a mate who has to be Romulan in every Trek strategy game or mod he touches haha.

And before one of you guys say it, I'll say it lol.. I guess Skulb should have used ToT & ToTPP to allow a bigger unit roster. :lol:

Still looks like a very fun and well made mod to play though!

upload_2021-6-21_15-30-42.png

Last edited:
Finally got around to checking out those Age of Poetry - Knights of Virtue scenarios by Lance Paladis that you guys talked about. Very cool. I like how it has heaps of cool knight faction & unit variants like Curt's Kingdoms of Steel. I've added it to the preservation collection meaning it's now in the CivFanatics Downloads Area and several other websites ensuring it shouldn't get lost again. I never came across it during my searches for cool fantasy scenarios so thank you to @techumseh for asking about it and @Knighttime for rescuing it!

Last edited:
FYI since there are a few fans of Lance Paladis's Age of Poetry Knights of Virtue scenarios here I thought I'd just quickly let you know that I just found and preserved another fantasy scenarios pack Lance made before he did Age of Poetry. Once again it's a whole pack of different scenarios with different stories featuring lots of different fantasy creatures and knight variants so you can definitely see the beginnings here of his Age of Poetry ideas.

Lance's Fantasy Scenarios Pack by Lance Paladis (CiC)
CivFanatics Downloads Area

Top Bottom