1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mplay + same team = game ending OOS 100% of time

Discussion in 'More Naval AI Modmod' started by James the Wise, May 1, 2013.

1. James the Wise

James the Wise Chieftain

I have mentioned this but just thought it deserved its own topic.

Firstly great mod, it is the only mod that makes ffh playable online.

However I have noticed on the many attempts I have tried, if you start a multiplayer game where you are the same team as another player the game will fairly early on OOS sync irrecoverably (ie reloading/rejoining does not fix this).

This has happened on 100% of team games I have played ( about 6 or 7 now )

I have played many more multiplayer games where we have NOT been allied and irrecoverable OOS's are much much lower.

Team game OOS happened with both revolutions/puppet states switched on and off.
    Often happened on 'X' turn when either player tried to access city screen (result OOS 100% of the time). But othertimes it just happened randomly.

2. Qgqqqqq

Qgqqqqq Emperor

I believe most OOS are related to the kuriotate Civ.
    However Erebus in the Balance provides a close to original game experience and is specifically designed for multiplayer. I have not encountered any OOS on it, and definitely none with teams (my last game - while ago now - was teamed against ai).

3. James the Wise

James the Wise Chieftain

Kuriotates were not in any of these games as we have read that they give OOS

The OOS were caused by something to do with players starting as the same team, which is the point I am trying to get across with this topic.

Is Erebus in Balance more stable than this, i thought it was mainly balancing changes and did not try to address OOS errors and CTD like this mod does. And this mod does it very well for the most part

4. Qgqqqqq

Qgqqqqq Emperor

It is mostly balancing, but it uses a old version of MNAI as a base, and that was before some of the recent multiplayer issues were introduced.

5. Folket

Folket Deity

Which we notice, but I and many other have played many team games in MP without OOS problems. Probably there is an other cause that caused the OOS for you when you are in a team.

6. Tholal

Tholal Emperor

Unfortunately, debugging Multiplayer issues is not something that I have figured out how to do yet. Your mention of accessing the city screen makes me think it *may* have something to do with BUG. I seem to remember someone saying that if the players dont all have the same BUG settings, it can sometimes cause OOS errors.