Discussion in 'Team Kazakhstan' started by Kaleb, Feb 1, 2009.
Team Cav have made contact with the Mad Scientists!
Ok, now we know they met these guys far northwest. Then we can safely assume we either meet the Dutch (Sancta) or Persia (Saturn) with our workboat.
Someone should ask Cav to ask MS if they have met anyone else.
Now that we have met Mad Scientists, should we start making plans to complete the trifecta... Or do folks want to wait for us to make contact? Surely someone else has entered into an alliance by now.
I'm not sure others will have made contact. But the main thing is we have a found a suitable partner right now. Barring the fact they may be painfully slow throughout the game and communication with them may be tedious, strategically I think they are our best partner. Especially as they are west of Team Cav
I agree. I also think a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. We currently have three civs in contact. It seems like Team Cav is already in favor of making MS the third partner. MS are clearly the weakest team. All the factors point towards making MS third ally. Why wait until MS (or somebody else have met up and allied with each other?
Does anyone object to us just urging Cav to include MS in our alliance? the sooner we can start directing their tech choices the better. they have polytheism and may be going for PH which would be a waste.
Yeah we might as well go with MS. With Cav in the middle we can hit them from 2 sides when we are down to 3 teams. We need to insist that Cav gives us contact with MS as soon as possible so we can talk to them directly.
How can they (team Cav) give us contact with MS? Can we gain contact with MS without sending a unit to their territory?
Well I guess we can't interact with them in game until we physically meet. What about through email though? Do the rules allow us to contact them through "sealed dispatches delivered by Team Cav" (emailing directly)?
We can't communicate directly but Team Cav will have to pass on our messages
Do we even know what they are discussing? Is there a proposed plan? Have they send us their communications?
If not I would send them a message requesting an update on the discusions, what exactly is being discussed and what info they reveiled.
The latest informal news is that MS are open to trade but don't know about us yet, I have suggested we write a formal letter of introduction to MS that Cav can pass on to them for us. Donsig can you craft one up please?
MS have pottery, AH, Agr, Fish, TW, Myst, Poly and are reasearching Hunting (tbc). The suggestion is that they go for sailing/IW next.
Which do we prefer?
sounds good, sailing first would be better to get the trade routes with cavaleiros and get a lighthouse in capital.
Iron Working, Iron Working, Iron Working Iron Working... Pleeease Iron Working. Does that count as 5 votes?
We need to see where the iron is to decide where to build city 5. If it is in the hub we should prob move NW with city 5. If it is close (or better yet, already in our borders), we can just get the gold with city 5.
In order to take advantage of the trade route bonus from Sailing, we have to had LOCATED a rival. That seems way off. In fact... we have traveled so far in our scout boat at this point we should consider the possibility that we have actually sailed past an inland rival. If you look at the wb's progress, you will see that it passed a SECOND MOUNTAIN RANGE.
This might mean we already passed somebody's lands, and are headed into another team's territory. If they are inland as well, we could conceivably travel all the way to MS territory without meeting Saturn or SANCTA.
Initially, we won't gain as much from Sailing as Cav will as they will have with both us and MS (btw we should send a wb out to cav somtime soon!). Later on though we will gain more from trade than Cav because of the greater distance with MS. The lighthouse in Haz will also be handy but it's just +1 for us.
One point against sailing though is that if the 3 of us have it then barb galleys can appear... although of course building galleys of our own will be nice, especially if there is decent settling ground north of the Altai mountains.
But knowing where Iron is for city placement is a good point to make, especially for Cav as they don't even have copper...
We will surelly meet someone in the north soon, so sailing will enable trade routes with them as well. Also having traderoutes among the alliance will help things. For barb galleys to appear, there must be a barb city ny the coast and barbs must know sailing...this wil not happen before turn 90-100.
IW is not of much use to us now..no jungle to chop and we will get that copper....but we will need it eventually I guess.
IW isn't of much use to us, but with MS being further north they may have jungle, we'll need to find that out. And true, we should be able to trade with whoever is to our north east, but do we want to? I suppose we do even though they are an 'enemy'
I didn't say so in my previous post, but my preference is for Sailing first from MS, and I think this is also the same for Cav.
This reminds me our our sheep versus horse city debate. We want them both now so I think we ask for one and then the other right after that.
I'm not quite sure what we want to say to them at this point. Here's a quick try though:
The question is, is this against our rule set? Maybe we should ask someone?
I'm sure there is no problem with sending a message via Cav. Donsig - do you mind also writing a message for Cav to ask for an official update on their conversations with MS and the latest info on what tech trades might be arranged? We can send the message above as an appendix to that
Separate names with a comma.