1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

MS Embassy & Intelligence

Discussion in 'Team Kazakhstan' started by Kaleb, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Kaleb

Kaleb Deity

Got this from Husch:

2. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

We should ask MS to try and move clockwise around Sancta's territory. If sancta only has the one road (near dragon tears) it would be a great one to cut.

3. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

I don't think we should trade our only source of furs to MS for gems.

I would rather we get gems from CAV as soon as they hook them up. They have multiple sources of gems and we are giving them gold for free right now (and trading gold to MS so we have none for ourselves right now). We should keep the furs for ourselves.

4. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

I agree. If Cavalieros have a happy resource, they should gift it to us.

5. Indiansmoke

Indiansmoke Deity

I send a message to KCD_Swede member of MS to ask for a chat and he basically told me that MS is run solo by Husch for a long time now and that for the last month he is not even reporting back in forum what is happening, so basically their forum is dead and husch is playing solo.

Does anyone know husch? I fear that if we go talk to him about a seperate alliance from Cav that he might be loyal to Cav?

6. mikotian

mikotian Warlord

lol... that was funny for some reason.

7. donsig

donsig Low level intermediary

Good information to know. I don't know him. If no one else does then it would be good if one of us gets to know him.

8. Kaleb

Kaleb Deity

I seem to get along alright with him in PMs - so I'll try and find a time to chat with him.

9. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

How does this sounds as a draft note to MS.

Dear Mad friends

We have not had much direct communications with you, a situation we hope to remedy as the game progresses. As you are probably aware, Team Cav and the Kazakhs have been planning on a military assault against sancta.

We are curious if you have any military intelligence on Saturn and if you have any capacity to strike out against them? While a combined Kazakh Cavaleiros war machine would be quite powerful – it may be more wise to strike our enemy’s weakest partner – Saturn.

10. donsig

Might be a good idea to invite them to join the war party. The thought of Kaz/Cav building a war machine while they don't might make the Mad Ones even crazier.

11. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

My thought was that a mixed Cav/MS attack on Saturn might be very useful in hampering Sancta's tech progress.

12. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

Proposed message for MS. See text for Team Cav email 1st for context.

Proposed text:

General update. We get Oxford and tech econ next turn. Our plan is to revolt to Theo and Free Markets. Depending on a number of factors we will use the GM for either a golden age or a trade mission. We plan on running 100% tech and going for RP and Rifling. At 100% science this will take about 10 of turns. With a golden age it would take about 7 of turns.

We want to confirm that you will continue to send us gold to maintain our 100% tech rate.

We are also requesting that you send us a large lump sum of gold (I think 1000 gold is a reasonable ask - but how much do they have in reserve right now?). We intend on upgrading our armies and are requesting gold from both you and Team Cav. As you have received a sizable tech benefit from your relatively small turn-by-turn gold gifts thus far - we feel this is a very reasonable request. Also it is more efficient for us to use the GM for a Golden age than for a trade mission. But if we cannot get a sizable amount of gold from you and Team Cav - we will be forced to use the GM for a trade mission.

13. donsig

I would try to phrase the lump sum request and justification a bit differently. How about presenting both plans (golden age with lump sum and fast research versus trade mission with slower research) and ask our allies which they think would be better for the alliance? If they can't make the lump sum contribution then the golden age idea is moot, isn't it?

14. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

MS doesn't have any cash for a lump sum. Here is what I sent HUSch:

15. donsig

How much gold will ne need now that we have steel and won't have loads of catapults to upgrade?

16. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

Response from HUSch:

Spoiler :
    Hello
    We can send money, but we need the civic-techs.

But what is the idea with upgrading of units, this is only of interest? If you 've a fixed war-time with special war-plans. That is the important question.
    Cav will play at war from now, you plan war at ... ? War is not the goal of the game, you must have a war-plan first.
    When will you make war with what kind of units? Do you plan to win the game with rifles? One must be clear, if you want to upgrade units, you don't research anymore. There is no sense in upgrading and researching new techs for better units. So the Oxford is for nothing, I think. My opinion is, we are better than they, also have we no interest in war.
    SAN and Sat have in the moment no real interest in war, perhaps some combats at the frontier.
    HUSch ms

17. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

I think we send this response.

We are boxed in and in the long term sancta will greatly out produce and out research us. Team Cav can match Sancta in the long term, but unless we expand we will become a marginal team.

We have the opportunity to use superior technology (cannons) to attack and take several Sancta cities. If we wait, Sancta will get rifles and attacking them will be much harder. we have the potential to gain 2-4 cities before Sancta can research and build better defensive units.

We are cooperating with Team Cav on this plan and we are working out the specifics of a battle plan.

18. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

Sent this to HUSch:

19. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

Reply from HUSch:

Spoiler :
    Ok you use the tech gap to SAN for make occupations, Then do it. I don't know much about wars, but this I know, if you make war you must make it totally; especially if you fight against a big enemy.
    Our research to music needs ~5-6 turns, we 've request economics for custom houses and change of civics to free market. After music we will request theo and div rights for researching nationalism with a good factor. We can give money 100-150 a turn additional to the 75 you get now.

Btw There is a message in the game log about SAn has many knights, I don't know the importancy about.
    You should read it yourself.

We are exploring SAN's east coast with a cara and our warrior and work boat ist there also
    HUSch

20. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

Seems like they are on board. Share techs as needed.

That is useful that they can send gold - but will that $ need to go to Team Cav to finance their teching towards Nationalism. If yes it should go to Team Cav. If not it should go to us.

Lets work this out with Team Cav - they have a better grasp of English so it will be easier.