MS Embassy & Intelligence

What's the hurry? Let's not be so pushy.
yes you are right Don... I guess there really is no pressure on the trade with MS... sorry:( I would like for us to be a little more forceful with our allies in general though... as Cavalieros have been with us.

Sommers- if you want to break the treaty with CAV and MS just come out and say so.
No I don't want to break the treaty... yet.

Doh, of course they've met ages ago. :hammer2:

Anyway, my suggestion still stands :mischief:

Revised proposal which limited our talk of Saturn to just the trades we are proposing to them:

Hello Mad Scientists

It is a pleasure to be able to communicate with you directly now! We have much to talk about, like what the next tech goals of our three way alliance should be. Any thoughts on this? There is also the possibility of a trade with SANCTA for metal casting. Both ourselves and Team Cav are pursuing negotiations in this regard. As a member of the TTA you will of course also benefit from any such trade.

We have met Saturn and are currently exploring the prospects of an archery (from Saturn) for masonry (from us) deal as well as a future trade where we give them iron working for something to be determined later. Any thoughts on these deals or on Saturn?

Regards,
donsig of Kazakhstan.

Please discuss, edit, revise, etc. If there is agreement on this version feel free to send it out via our team email. I'll send it in the morning (12 hours from now) if it isn't sent before then.

Ok, I don't know the MS email address and I'm rushed this morning so I cannot send the message out. Feel free to send it - I'll be offline most of the day.

I'll ask grimey for a team email address and send it to that

EDIT: I've sent this:

Hi guys,

We use a team email account for sending official messages to other teams.

kazakhstan.civ4@googlemail.com

What's email address do you use and who is your primary spokesperson?

Ours is donsig

I've sent donsig's message via email and sent a PM to grimey so he knows.

There was an in-game chat from HUSch wanting us to do the tech trade during their turn. I guess they are trying to conceal the trade from SANCTA. What techs did we agree to give them by the way?

And what are they researching right now and what is their progress?

I know they want to go for Theology but they need Monotheism from us to do that. Do they have an estimate on when they can get Theology?

I don't think they are sim testing like us, so I don't know how accurate any estimate they could give now will be.

I'm fine with passing on Monotheism to them, we don't want them to have any reason for giving in to SANCTA's charms.

AND LMAO! I've just read your strapline :lol:

So what has MS been teching these last few turns (since they got Sailing)? Did they put beakers towards anything while waiting for us to give them Monotheism?

Im fine with passing Monotheism on also- if we can get them to agree to another round of tech trading.

I wonder if they are doing archery. Saturn has offered to do archery for us if we give them sailing. I will pm peter grimes to ask what they are teching now.

EDIT: Sent this pm to peter grimes:

Hi peter grimes,

We in Kazakhstan are trying to formulate our alliance's next tech goals. We understand you want to tech theology but we're not sure what you are researching now. Would you please reply to this pm or send a note to our team email telling us what you are currently researching and when you expect to finish it?

Thanks,
donsig of Kazakhstan

Let's send a few PMs to them, they seem to really suck at communication in general. Is there some way we can say to them that we expect a better level of communication from them? Peter Grimes hasn't said a single word to us yet.

Do they need Monotheism this turn? If so I think we should just give it to them. Hopefully they aren't after Archery now.

MS have 9 hours left to tell us what they want to do, who should we chase for an answer about tech?

I think we can offer them Mono now. If they want it now they can take it if not they can refuse.

Since we are ok with giving it now if they ask - I see no difference in just offering it without them asking.

Ok, I'll log in and make the offer

EDIT: MS have been offered Masonry. We can't trade Monotheism yet anyway as we only teched it this turn

We still don't know what MS are teching?!?:( Maybe they have slider at 0% while waiting for us to gift Monotheism. I will repeat that if they continue to ignore our questions, maybe we should consider putting time pressure language in some of our communiques to MS like, "if we dont hear from you in X days we will assume that you are OK with this trade we are making." Let them answer us back and say "No according to the treaty you have to wait for our permission." If they don't complain, what is the harm?

I just don't like it that MS is holding up our tech trades. This time, I am mostly OK with waiting, but not every time if they are going to just ignore us...

Here's the latest proposal combining combining cav scout's beaker tallies with my wording (from the Team Cav embassy thread). I've made some style changes to cav scout's table, included reminders about trades we're attempting and also reworked the message so it can be sent to both Team Cav and the Mad Ones. It's quite long so it's in the spoiler.
Spoiler :
Dear Cavaleiros and Mad Scientists,

We are trying to put together some formal tech goals for our alliance. We would like to get literature, Team Cav has said they want civil service, and the Mad Scientists want theology. We'd like to work towards these goals and also try to bring the contributed beakers into better balance.

Proposed TTA tech goals said:
So here is a recap of of the tech trades within the TTA:
(beaker cost is from the generic tech table to keep it simple)

KAZ-
40 Hunting (still to be given)
80 Masonry (given in advance, not part of any trade)
100 Animal Husbandry
120 Writing
300 Alphabet
640:science: Total

CAV-
60 Priesthood
80 Meditation
300 Monarchy
440:science: Total

MS-
100 Sailing
100 Polytheism
200 Iron Working
400:science: Total

We propose the following:

KAZ-
120 Monotheism
350 Code of Laws
300 Aesthetics
770:science: Total

CAV-
250 Mathematics
800 Civil Service
1050:science: Total

MS-
500 Theology
450 Metal Casting
950:science: Total

Techs will be gifted as soon as they are discovered.

We think this is a fair deal because the total contributed by each team is:
KAZ- 1410:science: Total
CAV- 1490:science: Total
MS- 1350:science: Total

Does this plan sound reasonable to Team Cav and the Mad Scientists? If either Team Cav or Kaz complete a trade with SANCTA for metal casting we'll have to substitute something for MS - maybe currency? Also, we are pursuing the possibility of obtaining archery and horseback riding from Saturn. We realize any tech trades need the approval of all three TTA members and we fully expext any of these techs gained through trade to be shared with all TTA members.

donsig of Kazakhstan

PS - Here's the note we're sending to Saturn. We need approval from you for these trades!
Spoiler :
Hi Team Saturn,

We have a specific tech trade proposal for you:
  1. We gift Sailing (100:science:) once the deal is signed.
  2. You tech Archery (60:science:) and gift it to us the turn after you finish it.
  3. You tech Horseback Riding (250:science:) and trade it with us for Iron Working (200:science:).
Total: 300 :science: Kaz, 310 :science: Saturn
You get sailing immediately from us for the price of 10 extra beakers at the conclusion of the deal. We'd want you to beeline your techs at the best possible tech rate.

donsig of Kazakhstan
Any objections to sending this to Team Cav and MS?

@Sommerswerd: If MS continues to be uncommunicative we can talk to Team Cav about appropriate action within TTA.

Top Bottom