MSAV: Operation Rome Sweet Home

Civanator

Deity
The Ministry of State Autorized Violence brings you this plan to finish off Rome and let the Iriquois eradicate them if they so wish. This map will explain my proposal to the populus:

• The swordsmen circled in red will flood the gates of Antium and take the city.
  • The swordsmen circled in green will crush Pompeii once again.
  • The Dark red line indicates the path the swordsmen from Antium will take so they can attack Rome without crossing the river.
  • The dark red line from Pompeii will be in effect if the attack on Rome needs reinforcements.
  • The cyan line will be the swordsmen from Rome to take Pompeii if our green swordsman can't take it.
  • The swordsman circled in blue will fortify and heal. He most likely will not see any action for the rest of the war.

If we have the swordsmen to, we will also try and take Ravenna:

Questions or Comments?

The last image is broken.

Why don't we send the blue swordmen back to a city so it can heal?

blackheart said:
Why don't we send the blue swordmen back to a city so it can heal?
I agree with this - Odawara has Barracks so the Swordsman would heal more quickly if it stepped across the river to heal in that city.

edit: I also notice the Furs between Ravenna and Hispalis. An extra lux would be useful. It would be a pity to let the Iroquois have them...
(Although I'm sure they'd be our's sooner of later :mischief: )

Why aren't we aiming for the south, too? The Iroquois are currently coming out of this very well, and I see no point in handing them more. We'll have samurai soon, and we've got swords. We need to be more ambitious and preempt our allies conquest.

I quickly detailed a plan that will grab us Hispalis ASAP after taking Rome:

The redlined elite will now go to Oda to heal, even though it will take him 6 turns to get to the front.
We will take Antium and then march to Rome, and then make a mad dash for Hispalis and hope the Iriquois don't get it before us. Basically the same as the last map but instead of heading for Ravenna after Rome we head for Hispalis.

Blue: First stage
Red: Second stage
Cyan: Optional if there are left over units from Pompeii's assault.
Dark Red: Dash to hispalis
Gold: Swarming Ravenna.

Good Maps, Minister Civanator. Might it be our Generals responsibility to suggest bringing up Settlers to replace any auto-razed cuities?

There is no need to spare Ravenna, either of these 2 cities will do that job perfectly well:

I agree with Cyc that some Settlers to replace auto razed cities would be a good idea, we have one which could be brought down from right up by Pete, but at the moment it is not even on our road network. A request would need to be made to the appropriate Governor to produce any more and Domestic for any settlements.

We really should raze that city - Viroconium - and settle new one. There might be saltpeter or oil.
I suggest Immo and Odawara for producing Settlers.

@invy: I think we will be forced to raise Vicronium/Lugdunum if we capture them because they are size 1 and have no culture (auto - raze). However, our military plans look good. :) I wish we had stacks of 5 swordsman rather than 2 stacks of 2, and 1 odd one out all different distances away from the city.

I think it is time for us to have some settlers produces because there will be some cities that will be auto razed. This will help in our war effort and stop the Iroquois from building there instead. Maybe one or two of our larger cities could be assigned this task.

invy said:
We really should raze that city - Viroconium - and settle new one. There might be saltpeter or oil.
I suggest Immo and Odawara for producing Settlers.

We need a settler ready to go before we raze it though, otherwise the Iroquois will move in. I suggest if we don't have a settler by the time we cap Viroconium we keep it then abandon later when a settler is in position.

We do have 1 settler further up north that was on that galley.

I think we should also refound Neapolis, simply to fill in that hole and keep other people from getting it again.

Epimethius said:
I think we should also refound Neapolis, simply to fill in that hole and keep other people from getting it again.
Epi (or someone else), select the possible city site and post it to domestic. If he approves I would start building Settler in Odawara. At the moment I want to build Courthouse there so we should get Domestic approval, otherwise we could waste Odawara's time.

And, to GA (golden age or Ginger_Ale :)) Viroconium should be obviously replaced by our 'galley' settler because he's closest and doesn't have any specific orders.

But, if I'm correct, we won't be taking Viroconium in this war. We should use the settler to rebuild one of the cities that we raze in this war and build a new one for Viro when the time comes.

Ashburnham said:
But, if I'm correct, we won't be taking Viroconium in this war. We should use the settler to rebuild one of the cities that we raze in this war and build a new one for Viro when the time comes.

What do you mean this war? Why would we push for an early peace when we're winning and we have an MA with Iroquois?

Top Bottom